Universal Gaming League

almost 12 years ago

Hey guys, basically when I load mumble only the outline of the box appears, everything else is normal for a few seconds (I'm able to move the cursor around and click things) then my whole pc crashes meaning I'm unable to move/click the pointer, ctrl+alt+del also doesn't work. I seem to remember that when I first got mumble (a long time ago) I had the same problem but it sorted itself out somehow, however more recently I reinstalled it because it wouldn't update to the newest version (1.2.3 as far as I'm aware), after doing so the problem has returned.

It's an extremely frustrating problem to try to fix given I have to force shut down and restart my computer everytime it fails, hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm rubbish when it comes to knowing the specs of my pc, however it runs css with around 200fps constant (without an fps cfg) aswell as running other games and comms programs fine (tf2, teamspeak 3, ventrilo etc.). I'm using windows vista 64bit home premium.

00  Phantom
CS Admin
almost 12 years ago

Un-install then re-install the previous version.

almost 12 years ago

I think the reason I updated to the newest version in the first place was because the old one no longer worked, nethertheless I'll give it a shot.

almost 12 years ago

Installed 1.2.2 and got the problem reffered to here - http://blog.mumble.info/important-update-to-mumble-1-2-3a/ - seems it's either fix 1.2.3 or no mumble for me :/

00  Phantom
CS Admin
almost 12 years ago

Try 1.2.3 again, if the stable version doesn't work see if there's a test version you can try.

almost 12 years ago

I've already tried reistalling 1.2.3 a couple of times, there's a developer snapshot version, I'll give that a try.

almost 12 years ago

Nope same problem, crashed the program and my pc as soon as I launched it :S

00  Phantom
CS Admin
almost 12 years ago
almost 12 years ago

Can't say I know what a BSOD or a 'kernel component' is, but is that FAQ saying it's just a coincidence that every single time I load mumble my pc crashes even though it never does this at another time?

00  Phantom
CS Admin
almost 12 years ago

It's basically saying it isn't Mumble that's crashing your PC, but something that Mumble uses or requires. (As far as I can tell anyway)

Make sure all your drivers and stuff are up to date.

almost 12 years ago

Ah ok, thanks for your help and I'll make sure I do that, got dinner now and cba to crash my pc again so gonna leave it till tomorow :)

almost 12 years ago

try to install SP1

00  Phantom
CS Admin
almost 12 years ago

If all else fails, download a questionable version of Windows 7 from one of many slightly illegal websites and do a fresh install.

Jp  mr.viruS
one of those
almost 12 years ago

put hamster into microwave. Always fixes everything.

almost 12 years ago

Gl  iNQSONNE This is probably a stupid question but what is SP1?

00  Phantom Cant say I want mumble that badly tbh, although I'm sure it'd work ^_^

Jp  mr.viruS I'd have to disagree with you there.

00  Phantom
CS Admin
almost 12 years ago

Gb  PreDator SP1 is "Service Pack 1". Also, I'd say Windows 7 is well worth it for more than just Mumble.

10 months ago

Enter the avatar game to play one of the most interesting running game in 2013.

3 months ago

Use the Windows Event Viewer to check for any error messages or warnings related to Mumble or system crashes. This might provide more specific information about the cause of the problem. wordle game

about 2 months ago

Uncover the magic of crafting in Infinite Craft, where earth, wind, fire, and water combine to create a https://wordle2.io symphony of creatures and characters that will leave you in awe.

29 days ago

Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can sometimes cause issues with applications. Try updating your graphics drivers to the kinitopet latest version.