Universal Gaming League

Sparky
Really?
almost 12 years ago

Following the ridiculous amounts of defaults in UNGL Main do you guys think there should be a blacklist system of sorts?

If teams miss 2/3 games consecutively they get locked out of the league for a month?

Discuss - I'm fed up of people no showing and swapping line-ups as soon as they get a loss on their team sheet.

almost 12 years ago

I've said this numerous times, but admins ignore it.

mr.viruS
one of those
almost 12 years ago

WELL U SEE there was....a suggestion by mrvirus to have a black flag system like back in good old ED days...

BUT ADMINS WERE LIKE : meh people gona abuse it. SO to answer your question sparky. NO

almost 12 years ago

+1

mr.viruS
one of those
almost 12 years ago

where?

almost 12 years ago

We have one admin side.

almost 12 years ago

tl;dr you want us in the main? xd

almost 12 years ago

RpE, you get to give no input. You default hunt.

Sparky
Really?
almost 12 years ago

Xano
&

DazzyJ
do you think it would be possible to code it user side so that a notice/ a black flag appears on the teams in question? A visible image/ message would encourage most teams to turn up for fixtures in my opinion.

almost 12 years ago

DazzyJ
What isn't abused on this site?
1) You can bypass libra with minimal difficulty
2) The rules of no spamming the chatbox with fixtures is simply countered with a "Dont post fixtures in the chatbox, pm a member of staff ungl.org/staff", which works... for 5 minutes.
3) The rules for in game are a bit unfair, because if there is an issue (much like the one my team and I had), we end up losing by default.. Admins who are reviewing fixtures (yes I appreciate you have a lot of them to do) don't spend enough time looking at the circumstances, so a lot of defaults are being given out / taken away because not enough effort is put into them doing their job (not all of them).

I'm not trying to be critical, I am just trying to highlight the fact that everything you do on this website will have flaws and can be abused in one sense or another, so to put off making improvements to UNGL because of fearing it "would likely be abused" doesn't seem like a very productive mindset to say the website/community is growing.

Idk..

nSmed
UNGL Administrator
almost 12 years ago

Can you imagine the time we would have to deal with more people pm'ing us that people have abused them in the black flag system then us reviewing in and then taking action. Doesn't sound like a lot work right??? now add that onto demo reviews, match conflicts, cups and other stuff and the amount we would be getting it just wouldn't be an effective system.

[i]YAY serious post from Flame[/i]

almost 12 years ago

If people abuse the system excessively just ban them. If they don't respect the league and it's policies they shouldn't deserve to be a part of it. Simple.
The website is undoubtedly growing fairly fast and you have new teams signing up every day, the numbers lost from people abusing the system and receiving bans would be nothing compared to the new users/teams that sign up.
This will also remove the more common "rule breakers" out there so your admins have an easier job in general.
Less rules being broken = Less work needed = More efforts put elsewhere onto the site e.g. Improvements
I'd rather not hang on to all the people who abuse the system, as it just drags it down.
As the saying goes "Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch" and all that jazz.
It's your league and website though mate, I am just thinking of what annoys myself and other members of the site who just come on here to play. :)

Sparky
Really?
almost 12 years ago

nSmed
Hire an admin specifically to handle that area? Nonetheless I see your point, I think it's something that this league needs - though the logistics may take some thinking through.

nSmed
UNGL Administrator
almost 12 years ago

Well i suppose we could go along the lines of like a reputation system?? just vote at the end of a game on the match fixture. this way we don't allow people to write about the other team but still give an insight to who they play.

Example:
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2ptnd4l.png[/img]

Sparky
Really?
almost 12 years ago

nSmed
I like the idea of that, I can't see the image though.

EDIT: Can see it now - thanks.

nSmed
UNGL Administrator
almost 12 years ago

Ill sort the image using so other site as imgur wasnt working.

can you see it now?

almost 12 years ago

That could be abused much more than a comment system. At least on a comment system you can see who said what, why, and if needs be have rubbish deleted.

However a reputation system, that you don't see what team gave you what, could see you being screwed by teams giving you nothing because you beat them easily.

All methods are open to abuse, so a method that can be monitored will be better in my opinion, albeit more work for admins.

IV
Slugger
almost 12 years ago

pls no.

nSmed
UNGL Administrator
almost 12 years ago

either way its not gonna happen.

Sparky
Really?
almost 12 years ago

nSmed
OR how about you use something with a similar format to the above image but with an attendance ratio? Maybe along the lines of CSSMIXES?

If a match score is submitted the attendance ratio is unaffected, however, if it is a default for not showing up, an admin clicks a button which deducts points from their total.

Just adding to the discussion and considering what is feasible on your end.

mr.viruS
one of those
almost 12 years ago

Sparky
Sparky mate. Check like the start of the thread where i wrote in caps that this wont happen. Due to abuse of the system. The only reason why it worked in ed days is due to better " admintings " . Yeah i am gona say it so that YOU ALL KNOW, NOT GONA SAY ANYNAMES BUT.

SOME PEOPLE ON ADMIN TEAM HAVE VAC BANS BUT YET THEY ARE ADMINS ON UNGL. G TO THE ****ING G

Sparky
Really?
almost 12 years ago

mr.viruS
Automated system for the positive aspect of the ratio - i.e can't be abused because admins are the only ones who can control the negative effects and can clearly see where teams haven't shown up for their games.

IV
Slugger
almost 12 years ago

mr.viruS
One day i will buy UNGL with all my oil money.

mr.viruS
one of those
almost 12 years ago

u better ****ing do

IV