Universal Gaming League

over 11 years ago

Hello,

First of all I apologize for my inferior English.

I shall have a small question,

Why LIBRA makes for me freez ( lag ) when he takes a screen full one games(sets)?

Is he(It) possible of avoided these freez ( lag )?

Cordially

over 11 years ago

This is a common issue and unfortunately there is no proper fix for it at the moment. Not everyone have this problem, so you have to live with it in a while or try the basic steps

- Run Libra as administrator
- Run Libra in another compatibility mode
- Try disable/enable antialias settings and see if that helps.

over 11 years ago

ok, thanx you for you r help

over 11 years ago

I know that some form of anti-cheat is needed, but freeze/lag upon screenshot is something that really irritates me. Especially considering that not everyone is affected. The whole purpose of an anti-cheat in a competitive environment is to make things as fair as possible, but ironically it makes the level playing field, uneven.

I know essentially it's minor, as it's not often throughout a match, but it all depends on the situation when it happens.

I couldn't code an anti-cheat myself, so it's not a moan at anyone in particular, just the annoyance that it is. Also, it's important when you're up for offering prizes in competitions. No-one wants to be screwed by something out of their control.

How many cheaters are actually caught via seeing obvious cheats on their screenshots? Especially considering a large proportion of screenshots are black.
Couldn't the anti-cheat just do its processes scan, without the capture of screenshots?

over 11 years ago

Would be decent if there was a way for us to change quality of the screenshots, this could help with the lag, but I don't know how if possible.

over 11 years ago

MiCk
We are all aware of how annoying it is, but it is not up to just any admin on the site, that could fix these problems. Things like that takes time, it's not that it is being ignored, it's the fact that it needs alot of working to do, which requires special heads to be active in order to be able to do anything.

With the upcoming new site ahead, it is also difficult to balance the work on the current versions and the new ones. Other than that, yes we do caught alot of players through the screenshot system, I wouldn't believe it is gonna be removed any time soon, but could be considered giving the amount of bugs it has.

over 11 years ago

phx
Libra has been around 3 years. You must admit it has been way too long to even sort out the black screen issue, let alone the lag issues. It's a shame ESL has better anti cheat.
Even the old CSS mixes did well as it would auto upload pictures without many black screenshots.

over 11 years ago

WiTTyuS
It does take time to fix anything. An anti-cheat is not easy to make. I would also expect ESL's anticheat to work a little better when they have spent a half million on it. The old cssmixes used EAC and not their own anticheat.

Libra works pretty well, except for the few issues with the screenshots and freezing, which IS gonna be fixed at some point. And you have to keep in mind this doesn't happen for everyone. There is alot of people which libra runs perfectly fine for.

over 11 years ago

phx
Cheers for the response. As I've said, I understand there's a lot of work gone into it, and the bugs are small in relation to the fact a game could go on for an hour, and it affects less than a minute in total of lag. However that minute could count.

It's an annoyance more than anything, we're all competitive here, and want to perform and not be affected by something out of our control. If prizes come into play, then it matters more.

I must say though, the fact that it doesn't affect everyone makes it even more imbalanced. I'm not saying that if we all lagged it'd be fair, or a solution, but the fact it's random, and only to a group of us, you can see why it's frustrating.

I just think that if a temporary solution could be made (until bugs are fixed) then it would surely be the disabling of the screenshot facility but the continuing of the process check. I'm just throwing ideas around though. I want the place to be cheat free, but also bug free.