Universal Gaming League

over 11 years ago

Hey guys, i think it's time for CSS tournments or something... ever since GO came out CSS is being forgotten even though GO has like 24k players playing at the same time and source has like 40k -.-

So yeah, do some CSS tournments... or... i was reading about pro league and main league i think (don't know if it's the right names), do you guys still do those on CSS?

over 11 years ago

yeah buddy css rocksssssssssssss

Sparky
Really?
over 11 years ago

MATABAINHA
My understanding is that whilst some CS:S cups will be held sporadically, we won't be returning UNGL Main or Pro to Source.

Sauce has such a high number of players because of the communities that have remained there and its low graphics requirements in comparison to CS:GO. CS:GO is the main competitive FPS at present and it would therefore be impractical to divert attention away back to Sauce.

over 11 years ago

But lets count the competitive players of these 40k. I say that alot, but it is the truth. You'll be better off making the switch to CS:GO. And the sooner, the better, because one day you will be forced to do so, as you would not be finding any places to play source competitively. It is in its dying stages, and CS:GO is rising to soon overtake the players that are in CSS.

Sooner, the better as I said.

over 11 years ago

There are lots of trial admins.
If you wanted you could easily make a cup :(

over 11 years ago

rebel
Still, as most CS:S teams have moved on to the more competitive CS:GO, it wouldn't be smart to arrange a CS:S cup. You can still say that there are a few CS:S clans left, but that doesn't mean that, for that small number of mostly lower skilled clans, a cup is needed.

over 11 years ago

rebel
There is only 1 trial admin? :D.

As for the answer, time and dedication for cups is not the problem. We can indeed easily host some cups, but keep in mind that these cups we host "easily" is mainly for CS:GO. There is right now a cup for CS:GO still in progress, and more to come in the future.

That is of course besides the UNGL playoffs. With that being said, and as

Sparky
said, CSS cups will be held sporadically. CS:GO is the main priority and you will not be finding anywhere to play CSS competitive in a year from now, or even months. Making the switch as soon as possible will be good for your own sake, if you do love FPS games and CS.

As before all of you answer back with CS:GO is a bad game; It is not. You just have to give it time to adapt. I am now adapted to CS:GO - if i play CSS I would also say it is bad.

r0b1
CS Head Admin
over 11 years ago

phx
If I play CS:S now, I find it's way too easy :D

over 11 years ago

r0b1
Indeed.

over 11 years ago

Make the change mate, best for you!

over 11 years ago

moh
yeah, like phx said, competitive css is on its dying stages.

over 11 years ago

tUbe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-WHW-QNswE