Universal Gaming League

Chaddy
Community Administrator
almost 11 years ago

There's been a few requests for a return of CS:S to UNGL. Currently we do not support CS:S and would like more teams to participate in the CS:GO Ladder and events we have already, but I've decided to see how many teams would actually be interested in a return of CS:S Events.

If there was to be a return of CS:S to UNGL we would only be running [b]EVENTS[/b], we won't be running a ladder alongside. It's still early days so we won't be going any further until we get the results from the poll.

I would like to ask for people who are 100% ANTI CS:S not to post here, they will be removed. If you don't want to play CS:S don't enter the events if we go ahead with it. However if you like to show your support please do so, we also welcome any other ideas.

Thanks ladies and gents :)

almost 11 years ago

Yes, bring it back.

almost 11 years ago

Yes id love for just a 2on2 ladder to come back would be fantastic!! (and events)

Phantom
CS Admin
almost 11 years ago

[quote]If there was to be a return of CS:S to UNGL we would only be running EVENTS[/quote]

almost 11 years ago

"id love for just a 2on2" NOT SAYING HE CANT WAIT FOR IT TO COME BACK, jeez Effy! voteban Effy

almost 11 years ago

EFFY thats why i said i WOULD LOVE A 2on2 LADDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

almost 11 years ago

just bring the whole frickenn thing back? and make me admin like a boss?

almost 11 years ago

lol, soon as css is mentioned everyone turns into [i]lovely badgers[/i]. its a good game, if i still played at all, i would probably be up for playing the odd event.

[i]Edited by Chaddy <3[/i]

almost 11 years ago

:E

Chaddy
Community Administrator
almost 11 years ago

Keep on topic please.

Chaddy
Community Administrator
almost 11 years ago

Bumping so other users who's missed this will see it :)

almost 11 years ago

Nah no point in promoting a game when it should just be laid to rest even months before GO CSS was dying wether people want to admit it or not tbh.

almost 11 years ago

I love how kindly chaddy changed retards to lovely bagders lol'd

almost 11 years ago
 Sparky
Really?
almost 11 years ago

No.

almost 11 years ago

It is pretty simple. No.

CSS is dead, get over it folks.

nSmed
UNGL Administrator
almost 11 years ago

Gumpster
Jimmy Savile is dead but still a lot of hype about him.

almost 11 years ago

nSmed
**** comparison, your point is therefore irrelevant :D

Chaddy
Community Administrator
almost 11 years ago

I think some people failed to read the thread correctly.
[quote]I would like to ask for people who are 100% ANTI CS:S not to post here[/quote]
[b]If you have no interest in CS:S don't bother getting yourself involved[/b]. We had some requests to bring CS:S back after the removal this is why the poll was created to see how many people were actually still interested in the game. If we get enough interest we will host the odd event for the game. If there isn't enough people interested to make an event worth hosting we won't create any events for it. It's pretty simple?

almost 11 years ago

Honestly, this just seems like a desperate attempt for more attention from the CS scene by UNGL, and I LOVE CS:S but I actually don't want you to bring back CS:S as it's basically dead and will more than likely after a week have almost no fixtures at all, less than CS:GO has now.

So I say no. [spoiler] rip in peic my fav gaym <3 ;_; [/spoiler]
Edit: I actually read the thing then I accidentally the keyboard, I meant entries for the cup.
Let's say it's 16 slots and in a few events only 8ish teams will sign up and make just boring unneccecary cups.

almost 11 years ago

As stated, there will be no ladders, just OCCASIONAL events. I love the game, more so than csgo but the focus now is on csgo, CSS events will be a nice change and a bit of banter

almost 11 years ago

We'd be in.

almost 11 years ago

Chaddy

That's cool, your "100% ANTI CS:S" doesn't cover me, as I absolutely love Counter Strike Source, and would love to see it become big again, but unfortunately I realise what would be the point of flogging a dead horse.

;)

almost 11 years ago
almost 11 years ago

Can I also mention this point I'd like to make on why there isn't enough activity in ladders.

In CS:GO there is a matchmaking service, so if you want a quick match, you don't need a ladder game. You also mention events in CS:GO, I have pointed out to others that they have lacked. When Rob has the time, he does a few events, and I suppose there are some others of the admin team who actively help, but there has been no league season yet, there has been no events, when was the last event on UNGL, at the start of June according to the Event page in Open Ladder Playoffs. If you want to get people to play actively and consistently in the CS:GO ladder, then perhaps lay on more events and more league seasons so that people use your site instead of using others. Plus as others have said it is the summer, there has always been a natural "lul" in CS where activity tends to drop a lot more than usual, especially if the UK has a better summer than usual, people don't wanna be stuck behind a PC and therefore enjoy whatever little sun we have.

Back peddling on your earlier decision of stopping CS:S altogether is rather silly and not really helpful to a CS scene that is still fractured. I am not against CS:S at all, in fact any CS I duly love, but the scene needs unity, and CSGO needs a good push.

IV
Slugger
almost 11 years ago

[quote] desperate attempt for more attention from the CS scene by UNGL[/quote]

[quote]We had some requests to bring CS:S back after the removal this is why the poll was created to see how many people were actually still interested in the game[/quote]

almost 11 years ago

good no css ! keep it as csgo!! **** cs:s

almost 11 years ago

i don't play css haven't loaded it up since but i dont see why you wouldn't want CSS events to return its not affecting you in anyway if you dont participate in it just bring it back for people that still like to play CSS, its not going to affect how many CSGO events that are going to be made or the CSGO ladders.

Sparky
Really?
almost 11 years ago

cmz
Much of the reasoning can be found in the comments here - http://ungl.org/forum/3/6780/1/Future_of_CSS

almost 11 years ago

No but it may improve activity around the ungl, where I get your point there is still people who like to play the game

Sparky
Really?
almost 11 years ago

Cakey*
when activity for the most part constitutes ridiculous levels of cheating and players who offer nothing to the community, I can't possibly see how UNGL can benefit as a league.

The proportion of legitimate players who want Source to return are dwarfed by those in it to cheat.

almost 11 years ago

Sparky
To be fair there is prob about the same level of cheating that goes on in csgo than css, also if you had any faith in your anti-cheat then I do not see why it is questionable. As it stands now anything more will benefit UNGL, cups, more games, competitions. Like touched on earlier, matchmaking is pretty much the in thing now, why wait for people to accept a fixture when you can just on mm and find a game within 3 minutes?

Edit:
Not argueing over bringing CSS back, just for something that will bring a bit more activity here. You see the same users day in day out.

IV
Slugger
almost 11 years ago

Cakey*
[quote]also if you had any faith in your anti-cheat[/quote]

Would love to know where you pull all this **** from.

almost 11 years ago

IV
Effy has POLITELY just informed me on steam. Put the rage bag down

IV
Slugger
almost 11 years ago

Cakey*
Rage bag? Not sure what that is supposed to mean, I'm just calling you out on something you said to which there is no evidence and is a false claim.

almost 11 years ago

IV
I questioned the amount of cheaters csgo vs css, i have now been told statistics, thanks for clearing that up

IV
Slugger
almost 11 years ago

Cakey*
Questioning Anti-Cheats happens at every level of the scene unfortunately. Furthermore, however good the anti cheat, some will always slip by. The point me and Sparky are highlighting is that the return of CSS will simply bring toxic players into UNGL, which we really don't enjoy dealing with.

almost 11 years ago

IV
I understand your guys reasoning. I also understand a vast majority cheat on CSS. Point taken. :)

almost 11 years ago

[i]wrote a longer comment (in reply to others who commented on this thread) but as it looks like, it may be a post that is gonna bring alot of discussion in, which I don't necessary have the time for sorry.[/i]

over 10 years ago

Go Css =)

over 10 years ago

Pointless bump, they had a vote which showed people wanted CSS events back and it was ignored anyway.

Sparky
Really?
over 10 years ago

dallowW
Super necro,

over 10 years ago

dallowW
oh ffs.

over 10 years ago

ye

IV
Slugger
over 10 years ago

CR[A]NK
[img]http://i.imgur.com/CisevQ3.gif[/img]

over 10 years ago

http://data1.whicdn.com/images/63449402/thumb.jpg

over 10 years ago

Ye, bring it back :)

Sparky
Really?
over 10 years ago

Locking thread - no need for all these necros.