Universal Gaming League

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 13 years ago

I know a few of you might be interested by a recent interview that I had with Garth from CSSMIXES, the popular mixing service.

Feel free to comment constructively and things :)

http://5man.co.uk/?p=195

about 13 years ago

I believe nothing in that interview, Garth is a lazy housewife and he knows it!

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 13 years ago

The hardcore thing wasn't working last night when I tried it, so I guess I could agree to that :P

about 13 years ago

Nice :)

about 13 years ago

Hardcore mode might be up and down at times as he is still changing stuff about and trying to get it prefect :p

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 13 years ago

Everyone was moaning as they were still getting like 112 in 10 :)

about 13 years ago

It's because of the CS:S update on 22nd February. It broke a few things, Valve will most likely be releasing another update shortly to fix the error. Imagine that, I've been coding a hardcore mode and on the night I release it they roll out an update which instantly breaks it.

There is a work around which was posted last night and I've just successfully finished testing the medic revive feature on the development server so I will be putting Medics live tonight.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 13 years ago

Gb  Garthfield Its good to see you on here :D

Look forward to trying the medic thing :D

almost 13 years ago

I LOVE CSS mixes! Thank you for the great service Garth :D

almost 13 years ago

admins are pathetic during games on that site :s been in so many where an admin ahs said in team chat "i'll restart the server if we start losing" :S

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
almost 13 years ago

I just haven't bothered to play on there since the EAC update that happened while I didn't have a PC for two months. I know they need some form of anticheat on there, but it just takes the ease out of playing on CSSMIXES.

almost 13 years ago

agreed

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
almost 13 years ago

I still think that Garth is providing a great service for players that still use it, but I think that EAC was not the way forward.

Gb  IV
Slugger
almost 13 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ i go on there from time to time (4am mixes).

I'm not that bothered. Stops dodgy ****s so wcyd.

almost 13 years ago

EAC is one of the simplest anti-cheats to use. There's no installer, you download and run it. Some people run into trouble because their AV blocks it in which case you have to disable or add an exception to your AV.

EAC is constantly updated which was appealing to me because it means I can concentrate on my work and leave the EAC developers to do what they do best. The main developer is an ex-cheat developer which caught my eye, this also made me realise that it would take me years to get the level he's currently already at and even then any product I built wouldn't be on the same level.

I'm very happy with they way the integration has gone. There's been a recent update (yesterday) that addressed an FPS issue and this appears to have resolved that particular problem for most of our users.

A fair number of users aren't happy but the alternative is worse. Personally I love the AC and I like the screenshots, it's stopped ambient occlusion overnight.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
almost 13 years ago

Gb  Garthfield I'll take a look at it tonight if I get chance :)

Fo  kata
Kills whales dead.
almost 13 years ago

EAC is such an improvement imo, haven't pld against a cheater for quite some time now :0 pretty amazing :D

almost 13 years ago

i hate it, means i cant cheat :(

01  Bradlewis
Libra Whore
almost 13 years ago

I remember playing in (i think) the first public cssmix, think it was the 5th one maybe?

Its came such along way since then and its gone so much better than any "company owned" mixing site ever could imho.

EAC is a good integration, shame it couldnt be libra3 or something but the way EAC works id of thought its better for the majority of people, mainly because of the updating system is has.

gratz garth :)

Fo  kata
Kills whales dead.
almost 13 years ago