Universal Gaming League

KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago

Basically, I'm on a budget so I can't afford to spend so much on Siberia v2's.
So I've found a deal on the original v1's for 20 quid. Obviously though as we know, the originals unfortunately come with no microphone and I don't want an on-desk microphone, so i'm going to buy a 'clip on' microphone from amazon which I can stick onto my collar, or even better - thinking to 'clip it' onto the headset themselves, possibly from the right hole behind the right speaker.
But yeh, the point is, i'm confused about the type of sound i'll be hearing from them.

Atm i'm using these: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/3622
Logitech ClearChat Pro. Despite them being only stereo headphones, and also not being gaming headphones, they have a USB connection. And in CS:S, I hear stuff that some people WITH gaming headphones don't even hear :| So yeh, I can hear around me and everything.

The Siberias however are a 3.5mm jack. I'm aware that the Siberias are also only stereo, but technically I should still be able to hear around me. But i'm unsure if this is possible when connected via a 3.5mm jack connection? As that might only give 'stereo' since it's not USB?

Meh, I truly am confused. Because Steelseries sell a 'Siberia USB' version which comes with a 'USB Soundcard' which apparently makes everything 7.1?

Can I have some help on the issue lads?
Cheers.

about 13 years ago

it will not be "true" 7.1 only "virtual" 7.1 which is like when you put your TV sound settings to sound like it's surround sound but only 2 speakers... And it's crap

Just get a desktop mic, they don't get in the way at all and tbh much better to use that a thing in ur face.

KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago

noooooooked
To be fair, I don't want a big long mic on my desk :/

I'm pretty unsure atm.

Euphoric
The local Viking
about 13 years ago

What Rki said, I used to have the logitech G35 which was quite expensive and they had 5.1, but also the option to turn it back to Stereo. I can't really remember using the 5.1 at all. If you're on a budget, the Siberias are a great choice. I used to have the V1 and they were good for gaming, not so great for music though. Though mine came with a clip-on mic, are you sure it doesn't?

KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago

Euphoric
One problem with Siberia V1's is that when they first came out, they sold that clip on mic with them. But now, most V1's are being shipped out without the clip on mic, unless specified. Lot's of people have been recieving their V1's, with an 'empty' hole in the box where the shape is cut out for the mic...
The clip on mic alone costs more than half what the headphones would cost me lol

Euphoric
The local Viking
about 13 years ago

Ahh, okay. I still think they sell them with the mic here over in Norway. But yeah, about the mic, I used to have a desktop mic, and I'll never have one again =P It was so damn annoying, always getting in the way, the wires, meh. I'd invest in a clip-on if you can afford it!

KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago

Euphoric
I could get a clip on from Amazon for half decent prices I guess, I was thinking of clipping the mic onto the Siberia hole on the left ear from the outside if you know what I mean?
Then possibly using an elastic band to more or less put my mic and siberia cords 'as one' then it wouldn't be so weird >.<
I would be okay with a desktop mic to be honest, as long as it picked up okay.

KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago

DazzyJ
What do you mean? =o

KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago

Dazzy's hands <3

To be fair it looks like you've gotten bluetack and tied some mic to the chord xD!
But yeh, that is something similar to what i'm thinking of doing. Like getting a regular clip on mic, tape it to the siberia's chord, or clip it onto the chord or clip it onto the left hole - but someone told me that would be a bad idea since the mic would be behind my mouth.

Meh xD
I need a solution fast :| xD

nSmed
UNGL Administrator
about 13 years ago

what did you order of the menu then daz?

KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago

Doner Kebab > All

IV
Slugger
about 13 years ago

DazzyJ
I heart your iSeries band.

KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago

IV
Haha I was waiting for sum1 to comment on that xD!!

panz0r
I <3 mouz & FGW
about 13 years ago

KYANITE

wankhand

KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago
 KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago

DazzyJ

I was initially looking at this deal: http://www.zavvi.com/electronics/earphones-headphones/steelseries-siberia-headphones-white/10271410.html

What's funny is that it seems like both sites are the same company Q_Q!
Strange how one is cheaper than the other :P
Thanks for the discount code!

KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
about 13 years ago

My pair arrived on Wednesday. So far the sound quality has been great etc.
One con is that despite people saying they're great for long term use, I'm sorry to say that the tips of my ears hit against the plastic on the inside and it does make my ears hurt :(
So i've got my old 'comfort' logitech headset still conencted so I can swap over when i'm not gaming. I guess I just have big ears?

IV
Slugger
about 13 years ago

No. :>

IV
Slugger
about 13 years ago

DazzyJ
Oh LORD! GEDDIT!

IV
Slugger
about 13 years ago