Universal Gaming League

Fo  kata
Kills whales dead.
over 12 years ago

I'm a complete spacker when it comes to computers and computer technology, so I need your help with this... I'll just jump straight into it..

I have a laptop and a ROCCAT Kave headset... Problem is, I can't use the headset at its' best level, cause my laptop only has 2 jackstick plugs wtfsomething.... you know? 1 for sound(?) and 1 for microphone(?), but this headset (and probably most good headsets(?)) has 2 other jackstick things aswell, 1 for surround sound effects(?), and 1 for sub-woofer(?). So 4 jackstickBBQ's - Sound, microphone, surround sound effects and sub-woofer...

So my question is, how can I get to use the surround sound and sub-woofer too? Is there anything you can buy, that will allow you to stick those 2 ones in, as well?

Hopefully you didn't have a 'roflmao' during this, cause I actually don't have a clue... So cmon lads, help me out :))

over 12 years ago

you can get a external sound card, those are USB connected and give you everything you need.

over 12 years ago

External 7.1 USB Sound Card

over 12 years ago
over 12 years ago

Fo  F1sheR APPROVED

Fo  kata
Kills whales dead.
over 12 years ago

Fo  F1sheR I have no idea, probably is, but that one only had 3 jackplugs?

Nl  Zippy Can you recommend an external sound card for me?

over 12 years ago

Fo  kata never used one or know someone that has one so if i recommend one it would be by googling it wich you can do your self as well ;)

Fo  kata
Kills whales dead.
over 12 years ago

I've found this on amazon - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LM0U2S/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Is that something I should consider buying? Is that what I'm looking for? :P

Gb  Projekt
Mr. Pessimistic
over 12 years ago

Yes that will work kata :)

Fo  kata
Kills whales dead.
over 12 years ago

And is that a reasonable prize? Or would that be a dumb purchase?

over 12 years ago

would work, but looks like **** lol

Gb  Projekt
Mr. Pessimistic
over 12 years ago

tbh I have no clue how much things like that should be, but I know it's one of the better quality ones, so 30 odd dollars is around 20/25 quid isn't it? doesn't seem to bad.

Fo  kata
Kills whales dead.
over 12 years ago

Alright, thank you very much for the help :)

over 12 years ago

Sounds like you need a soundcard that supports Dobly Headphone. Also, if your headset has high impedence level it could be worth getting a headphone amp imbuilt into this soundcard. Asus Xonar and Soundblaster Xtreme gamer are good choices.

Seeing as you have a laptop you might have to look into getting an external Soundcard or DAC instead which will set you back more than internal soundcards.

Here is a good source for Headphone tech related information:

http://www.siyfion.com/?p=24

Edit: read the replies, looks like you beat me to it.

over 12 years ago

http://www.amazon.co.uk/98664-Trust-510EX-External-Expert/dp/B003D1QG88/ref=sr_1_44?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1309508063&sr=1-44 - Supports all 5 audio jacks.. probably your best bet, not many big companies hit the external sound card crap...

over 12 years ago

Qa  eLm i don't know why, but i lol every time i see that picture xD

over 12 years ago

Fo  F1sheR ikr, some fat kid that goes to our school was like approval!