Universal Gaming League

Lb  KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
over 12 years ago

Hey guys, im lookin for a decent gaming keyboard.

Preferably one with soft buttons (dnno if thats mechanical or w/e) and that doesnt make too much noise because when I wake up early and use the PC my parents rage coz the clicking on the current one supposedly wakes them up (load of bollocks D:)

I'm not sure what my budget is, if I feel its worth the money i'll get it. But at the end of the day i'm not really after anything proper fancy with lights and a bloody screen lol, just something that feels comfortable and peoplecan vouch is good.

Ch33rz

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

I use a £2 one that I found in a bin at a computer shop once, but I miss my Reclusa which I sold at LAN to pay for a taxi once.

The Reclusa has got Microsoft branding, but its made by Razer and uses Razer drivers - it's also relatively cheap.

[simg]http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/microsoft_reclusa_gaming_keyboard.jpg[/simg]

over 12 years ago

If you'll only look at gaming keyboards then you could go for the SteelSeries 6GV2, it has Cherry MX Black switches which are as quiet if not quieter than a standard rubber dome.

Just make sure you avoid Cherry MX Blues and Browns (Blues especially), they're ultra clacky.

Also if you pay any more than £10 for a keyboard that has rubber domes, you're a moron. :)

over 12 years ago

Mechanical keyboards are extremly loud but they are the ones that are soft and nice to type on. The two i know of is Black widow (razer) and das keyboard.

but if you dont care about the lights etc etc then get my one. It is Microsoft curve keyboard 2000, had it for like 5 years and it hasnt broke and very nice to type on.

over 12 years ago

01  unizo SteelSeries 6Gv2 is awesome! Currently I got the 7G here and its a bit annoying with its tiny buttons :D

The best out there is on the market right now: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_GB/pd/productID.210841600/categoryId.49136200/parentCategoryId.35156900 <- read some about it

And yes I haz it ;x frankly - I just ordered it ;x

over 12 years ago

Se  kLIMAX

Isn't the best by a mile, doesn't even have NKR. :D

Also it's got MX Blues which are ultra noisy.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

He has said he doesn't want one mechanical keys as well.

Gb  Sparky
Really?
over 12 years ago

Quick Q; mechanical keys - does this mean that its not a cheap connection between the actual key and the keyboard? So as such does it mean that you'll be getting better feedback from the keys aswell as ensuring a longer liferspan?

over 12 years ago

01  unizo Well I am going to get it soon and test it out. That much money for some plastic etc - I have great thoughts of it. I hope its a mini space ship that can fly and stuff :D

Gb  DazzyJ Lol? Didnt see that one. But why not? Thats like 1ms and new technology and stuff when it comes to keyboards. If you want the best - mechanical keys are the ways.

Gb  Sparky Mechanical keyboard has 1ms. So yes the feedback is fast and great. It has a longer lifespan. Each key can endure 50 million hits before something happens. That means - that you need to hit a key (same key) 10 times during one minuet in 25 years. I also got that key because of my rage issues. Smashing stuff isint fun - now I got this. :DDD

Gb  dronee
Website Operations Director
over 12 years ago

Gb  Sparky Yes, :p

I have the Steelseries 7G and the Cyborg V7 (joys of being given free stuff eh?); I think I prefer the Steelseries one as it is mechanical, and I much prefer the response, and not having to press down as far.

But the V7 is quite nice. Both are equally as loud, or quiet, as each other.

over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee I also got the SteelSeries 7G and I get so annoyed on the backspace button being as tiny as ****. I have normal sized fingers but still sometimes manages to hit the enter button like 8 of 10 times instead of backspace :DD Thats like a major hate ;x

over 12 years ago

Se  kLIMAX

Mechanical keyboards aren't a new thing, they've been around since the 80s. ;d

over 12 years ago

01  unizo ****ing razerzone.com PR stuff making me believe otherwise. And **** u! <33 :D

03  QCK
Drinks too much
over 12 years ago

[simg]http://cyborggaming.com/imgs/v7keymain2.png[/simg]

£55 i think.

Gb  dronee
Website Operations Director
over 12 years ago

Got it sat on my desk atm, that's the one I was given to use.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

01  unizo +1 IBM Model M, my secondary school just had loads of them for some reason until we got nice snazzy Dell computers.

Se  kLIMAX [quote]Preferably one with soft buttons (dnno if thats mechanical or w/e) and that doesnt make too much noise because when I wake up early and use the PC my parents rage coz the clicking on the current one supposedly wakes them up (load of bollocks D:) [/quote]

Lb  KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ At the end of the day the sound aint too much of a big factor, but more importantly is that i can use it for a long time without my fingers hurting. Coz i need to push down so much for WASD keys to work atm. And in the long run i end up with squashed fingers.

over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ #"/#(/"//!&"#/&"#"?!"=#?`=738979123+1238

I still prefer mechanical. Even if sounds like a Zoo ;x

Lb  KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
over 12 years ago

Se  kLIMAX haha a zoo XD

Lb  KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
over 12 years ago

I really like the reclusa... but it doesn't seem like they're available anymore?! :S

Can only fnid two on ebay... a french one and a hebrew one lol...

If anybody has one of these please tell me and ill take it off your hands :D

over 12 years ago

just get a normal one, my aldi one is FINEEEEEEEE :D

over 12 years ago

arctosa i think is very good and cheap not flashy or loads of stupid lights just a decent keyboard