Universal Gaming League

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

http://www.rockstargames.com/

Give me your theories on what/where GTA V will be based on.

over 12 years ago

Going to be a new style I think, that or back to San Andreas, or vice city stories, you're from a "hood" or old gang, out of jail or back from somewhere, got to make a name for yourself, then kill the leader. Same old same old

That or you'll be a drug runner or something similar, trying to go big time, got to kill everyone in your way. Standard GTA

over 12 years ago

I think you'll be play a white guy in a area similar to new york city. Growing up in the "ghetto" making a name for yourself on the streets y0.

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
over 12 years ago

There were a few stories early last year that GTA V is going to be set in Europe and most of the rumours were about London with it being based on the movie Snatch.

We'll see though, it'll more than likely be similar to GTA IV and probably star another Slovak/Russian/Bulgarian trying to "live the dream" in America. Probably in Vice City this time though.

over 12 years ago

will be los angeles + island + rural stuff and you will be playing as a cop in lapd.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Well seeing as the GTA3, VC and SA were all based on areas that were in the original top down GTA, along with GTAIV it's hopefully moving to a new place. I think London would be a good place to go, as it goes in place with the GTA London addon disc that you used to be able to get for the PSX. Downside is that The Getaway has already sort of done a GTAesque game.

I'd like to see a more European setting though personally.

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ , the three main cities in the GTA series are Liberty City(New York), Vice City(Miami) and San Andreas(Los Angeles). They also used London as you said on the PSX. I believe there was a block on Rockstar using London again or something, but I'm not entirely sure how much of that was true.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

01  Rings of Saturn Yeah they appeared as areas in the original GTA which is the point I made :P

I also read into the London rumours also.

01  Bradlewis
Libra Whore
over 12 years ago

aslong as its not as bad as 4,another GTA london would be awesome imo.

Gb  DEADLYY
Badman.
over 12 years ago

GTA V - China Town

over 12 years ago

GTA V - Defeating poverty in the Congo.

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
over 12 years ago

01  Bradlewis , personally, I thought GTA IV was awesome. It's the first GTA where I've really got into the characters and had some sort of sympathy for them. Finding out Michelle was actually an agent was quite a surprise too and I really wanted to kill her later in the game, only to find you don't which really annoyed me! The expansions to GTA IV were quite good also. I preferred The Ballad of Gay Tony to The Lost and Damned however, that's all down to opinion.

I am looking forward to this new GTA, I'd also like it to be pre-GTA IV, playing as Nico Belic in what ever Balkan country he's from(I think it's Slovakia, Czech Republic or Bosnia/former Yugoslavia). You only hear of his stories after the war, so it would be interesting to play those stories and maybe the idea is to escape the country and flee to America, where Roman is waiting for you.

over 12 years ago

While Rockstar has yet to say anything regarding the release of the game Gamestop.de has just posted the game with a release date of January 15, 2012. Of course, we've seen stuff like this before only to have Gamestop pull the listing later but it's definitely something to make note. GTA 5 is expected to be officially announced at E3 in June. Possible leaks from FintoLeaks.com (of course, I'm not sure how much credibility these rumors have):

* GTA5 will still embody a realistic feel - not just in terms of gameplay but also the overall geographical positioning and sense of scale.

* The setting of the game will be Los Angeles with a rural countryside and possibly a close representation of Santa Catalina Island.

* You will play as rookie Los Santos police officer and have the choice to choose weather to be a straight or crooked cop, similar to the moral choices in Red Dead Redemption.

* The ability to purchase safe-houses is now a major part of the game. Players are able to rent motels, hotels, and even store their car in their parking lots.

* GTA5 will feature more melee weapons, including a taser, a side handle police baton, wooden baseball bat, and brass knuckles.

* One mission will include searching for your partner in the ghetto.

* You are able to handcuff and arrest pedestrians.

* Police bikes, police motorcycles, and police helicopters are all included in gameplay. However, you have to complete 'police driving schools' similar to San Andreas.

* Animals will roam the rural areas.

* Gang territories are back in the game, except you won't fight over territories like San Andreas.

* Taxi cabs are back, but you also have the ability to call for backup and use their cars.

* The army is back in the game - including a tank.

* There is a female police officer (name unknown) in cutscenes but not found in gameplay.

* The game will feature a much larger clothing selection with more opportunities of character customation.

* The most notable and exciting new vehicle - an Aerial firefighting helicopter. It is assumed that there will be a wildfire mission.

* One part of the game involves working with a weed distributor - holding a large illegal-marijuana operation located in his "mansion?".

over 12 years ago

I hope its GTA:China

Imagine trying to move thru the streets! soo many bodies, also main modes of transport would be mo-ped :D Also armys of ferral cats

4 was ok, but didnt get along with the main character. Seem'd like a faggot tbh

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

00  konsetsu Niko was far too bland and uninteresting for me.