Universal Gaming League

End of the Year

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

[newsimg]lookback.png[/newsimg]

As another exciting year for UNGL.org comes to an end, we look forward to many new ventures in 2012. We have seen some great changes that have greatly benefited UNGL.org this year, that have made our league one of the best independent leagues to play in.

First of all we have seen the new site layout flourish since taking over from the previous design, with a few modifications along the way that helped our new users navigate our website with ease.

Another part of UNGL that saw an updated version was our Libra Anti-Cheat system. Libra V3 has been updated regularly, and has caught an improved amount of cheaters. We have also seen Libra being picked up by CSSMIXES at the start of December, and hopefully by working together we can help eliminate cheaters from ruining your games.

However, it's not just Libra that catches cheaters and exploiters - the dedicated admin team behind UNGL helps to provide unbiased judgement on conflicts, reviewing demos and generally helping around the site. Behind the scenes we discuss how to best run events and how we can make UNGL into the league you want it to be.

When compared to 2010 you can see how much UNGL has grown just by looking at the amount of events that we have hosted in the past year. We have run 43 cups this year alone compared to just 19 the previous year - and you can expect to see fresh cups in the New Year.

You can see the complete list of CS:S cup winners here, in our HALL OF FAME.

We saw the addition of the Season format on UNGL, which is a group based system that sees teams battling it out over several weeks, to be named champions of their divisions. We saw the introduction of UNGL Season and UNGL Pro League for CS:S and our HoN side is currently running a $1000 Nations Cup using the Season format.

So what is there to look forward to in 2012 on UNGL?

- Hosted Cups (using UNGL servers)

- Return of the 1on1 system

- The CS:S Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn Seasons

- More Cups

- New event styles

- More prizes

I'd like to take this moment to say thank you to all the members of the UNGL Admin Team and thank you to our sponsors.

Most importantly thank you to you, the users.

UNGL Admin Team

over 12 years ago

lick me

over 12 years ago

:P anyway good post, next year, spread the cups out, helps the ladders grow and gives you guys a little break.

over 12 years ago

horah!

over 12 years ago

i like this league alot, gz to the admins keep up the good work

over 12 years ago

A wonderful read, really interesting. Would read again, 10/10.

Jp  mr.viruS
one of those
over 12 years ago

Ban guestie.

over 12 years ago

2012 will be better than this year! and this year was great!!!!

over 12 years ago

Hopefully 2012 will be better, I see UNGL metioned alot more now on eSports coverage websites and even other leagues.. eventually top teams and decent teams will start playing here competitively.

00  Phantom
CS Admin
over 12 years ago

Nice post.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Us  Prored Already in progress for some of those things ;)

Keep your eyes open for them ;)

over 12 years ago

BEST CSS SITE EVER !!!!

over 12 years ago

I mean except from me Gb  DazzyJ ;)

over 12 years ago

Prored what you trying to say!

over 12 years ago

Fantastic 2011 I'm sure 2012 will be even better good job guys x

over 12 years ago

great league, great admins - can only get better in 2012

over 12 years ago

really need to fix libra imo, everything else is good. With it causing you to minimize in an important situation, having the same ss's for one game, or just having black ones. Also causes you to freeze when it takes a ss :(

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
over 12 years ago

The low point of UNGL in 2011 was obviously hsf_ hanging up his admin boots.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

01  Rings of Saturn The low point of UNGL in 2011 was an ex-admin referring to himself in third person ;)

Gb  nSmed
UNGL Administrator
over 12 years ago

And now his name has an 8 match ban and a 40k fine.

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
over 12 years ago

YEAH BECAUSE OF THE FERGIE ASSOCIATION BUNCH OF STUPID ****S.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

SO WHY BAN BRO?

Jp  mr.viruS
one of those
over 12 years ago

i dont get it

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
over 12 years ago

Jp  mr.viruS Football... I was also an admin until I decided I didn't have the time any more.

Gb  DazzyJ ... You're a glob of tuberculotic sputum.

over 12 years ago

01  Rings of Saturn 40k fine ouch u must make alot Luis ;)

over 12 years ago

01  Rings of Saturn loved looking on liverpool forums, saying FA = Fergie Association, yet Sir Alex has been ****ed over by them nearly every season.

It was deserved, now for john terry to get same, IF john terry gets less then you can be angry because his was more obvious and blatent.

over 12 years ago

Liverpool who? some1 explain who r they? *MUFC

over 12 years ago

03  HitmAn[A] i love u

over 12 years ago

Kr  Gabe Newell marry me?

over 12 years ago

REVOX LOVES FLAME 2011-FOREVER

Kr  Gabe Newell you're fickle m8 , Gb  nSmed will be gutted

In  nik
cufish!
over 12 years ago

great site, hope the admins keep up the good work

over 12 years ago

01  Trooper I'm a whore ...

00  Phantom
CS Admin
over 12 years ago

Kr  Gabe Newell That you are.

over 12 years ago

00  Phantom YOUR A WHORE

00  Phantom
CS Admin
over 12 years ago

Kr  Gabe Newell No that's you.

over 12 years ago

Kr  Gabe Newell Revox thought u was a chav ?

over 12 years ago

GJ ungl, looking forward to 2012

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Cl  steven- He is mate.