Universal Gaming League

01  Angel .T
Queen One-Deag
over 12 years ago

I've been reading all the posts on here lately and there seems to be some confusion going on.

I would like to know what peoples thought's are on cyber bullying and what things they class as cyber bullying ???????????????

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

EDIT.

Right, I understand that this in regards to the recent nuked thread.

We did have a post previous asking for less flame and more respect to other users, we do try to look after the forums and sometimes this isn't always possible to look after it as quickly as some users may like.

In short we do generally run a "if you've got nothing nice to say, don't anything" for most of our threads, but of course we can't police this without having an active input - the admins do have lives and can't always be there 24/7.

However, you might like to bring up the following PM that I received as a form of cyber-bullying.

are you f u c k i n g serious ??? you advocate the humiliation of younger gamers and the bullying of "less than cool" players, and you want me to remain calm , again are you retarded??

how dare you class yourself as any kind of admin who okay's this. you are in the wrong business m8 , you need to goto a dark corner and have a word with yourself. you are supposed protect the less capable people here , yet you thrive on adding the flames and gagging the righteous. i am so fukkin annoyed right now you have no idea

you are an idiot if you think im angel , why gag her when she asked a simple question ???? I " thats trooper btw" think you are a retard, Angel is my fiance therefore a woman therefore not me you are a ****ing tard and tbh ban me as i have just lost all respect for you as you can not answer it so you just delete it , again you are an idiot

Messages such as that are abusive and are classed as bulling and is generally a lot worse than what was posted in the thread that raised this discussion.

01  Angel .T
Queen One-Deag
over 12 years ago

if these were pm's would it not have been better to reply to these with pm's ? btw troops said "youre still a retard"

please dont shoot the messenger

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

01  Angel .T I did, but no matter what media or format its sent in it's still bullying. Could be a youtube video, text message, print publication or a game.

01  Angel .T
Queen One-Deag
over 12 years ago

so all trooper was asking before he got gagged was " why allow such flaming on THAT thread before it was locked?"

he will continue to lose the plot with you untill he gets justice or banned (apparently he dont care which) :( again nothing to do with me

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

01  Angel .T [quote]In short we do generally run a "if you've got nothing nice to say, don't anything" for most of our threads, but of course we can't police this without having an active input - the admins do have lives and can't always be there 24/7.

[/quote]

The flaming does happen, but it can't always be resolved quickly unfortunately.

Gb  dronee
Website Operations Director
over 12 years ago

I get that you're mad, but these things happen sometimes, unfortunately as we don't get paid we are not on hand at all times to resolve issues. The staff do work very hard to keep the site running as smoothly as possible, and often with no thanks; just rage and abuse.

Let's remember, this is the internet, if you don't like something you don't have to read it.

Calm and happy thoughts. <3

over 12 years ago

To be honest, there is a line and people do cross it, but there is also something I think a lot of people believe in, freedom of speech.

If you think your being cyber bullied and can't stand it, don't use the forum facilities. Most of the comments are "banter" and "trolling" but people can cross that line.

Gb  dronee
Website Operations Director
over 12 years ago

IMO, I must say "banter" is just a new way of saying "being a ****" as I know that will star it out, I'll leave it up to you to fill in your own preferred expletive; although generally they are a synonym for female genitalia.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee [quote]IMO, I must say "banter" is just a new way of saying "being a ****"[/quote]

+1 to this really.

over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee Indeed. Most people on the interbutts don't seem to understand that "LOL UR NANS GOT AIDS HUEHUEHUEHUE" doesn't constitute banter.

Jp  mr.viruS
one of those
over 12 years ago

I dont like taking sides and to be fair i am not 100% sure that i know the whole story. ( isnt it about that noscope someone made in warm up and people started flaming ?)

Anyways css scene is 80% full of hatefull individuals that just take out their inner rage online. By that I mean there is no respect for opponents in game or out of game. This is where the problem starts why say something nice or post something constructive. Its much easier to be a cheeky **** and pretend that everything you say is a " troll " or " banter " .

over 12 years ago

It's online gaming forum, grow up.

thread closed.