Universal Gaming League

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 11 years ago

Must have a decent writing ability, and must be willing to give one or two hours of their time a week.

Details will be given, but this is a serious project that has done well in the past.

Add me to steam, link is in my profile - only add if you are committed.

over 11 years ago

what is this project for? because depending on what is being written about usually ties in with how dedicated the writer is. i am going to go ahead and assume it is css related, but...

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 11 years ago

It is related to CSS, but not dependent on CSS alone.

over 11 years ago

Can you give any more information about what it's for etc?

No  BarryScott
Loves kicking people very hard.
over 11 years ago

We are looking for a coverage writer. Someone with a good grasp of the gaming scene in general.

over 11 years ago

Va  kaenna umm, i just asked that :s

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 11 years ago

In short, its for a gaming magazine website.

over 11 years ago

Gb  hrizn Why are you on this thread?

over 11 years ago

Va  kaenna why are you on this site? :s go back to your warlock

No  BarryScott see. well thats a very very important part of it because its a specialized topic

oh and gl

over 11 years ago

Gb  hrizn Go back to ...source?

lol

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 11 years ago

Gb  hrizn Cheers, the project was a relatively small success last time, so I know that it will be even better this time.

over 11 years ago

has it got something to do with 5man or totally different?

EDIT: also, will you be competing with cadred in the type of coverage you will be providing?

over 11 years ago

Interesting, I would be willing if I paid more attention to the gaming scene, but gl :)

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 11 years ago

Gb  hrizn Let's just say it might be 5MAN, and it might be running at the moment in a nearly finished state.

I don't feel that I can in anyway compete with Cadred, its more focusing on the middle of the scene as opposed to Cadders who focus on the high end. Its more on level with quickscope/fingersports.

over 11 years ago

yeah i was going to say.

so you are going to be focusing on the "amatuer" side of esports? as oppose to the professional and topteam aspect? so covering teams in leagues like UNGL theKGL ED and EAS?

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 11 years ago

That would be the middle of the scene, so yes I would say so - not sure about what leagues though, as I don't feel as ED provides much anymore other than the odd tourney and EDCSSL.

over 11 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ yeah i get what you are saying.

it sounds like a really interesting and fun idea, and tbh will probably gain a lot of attention from lower league teams, especially if you feature them + interview them + write articles about them etc, as well as players and cups.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 11 years ago

Which is exactly what we did before, and we achieved around an amazing amount of interest in the first three months, and continued for six months before I decided to write for QuickScope.

over 11 years ago

yeah. theres a real market for that i think, and from what i can see by briefly glancing over at the quickscope site. it is possible to do much more than they have and in much more depth.

gl x

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 11 years ago

I get on well with Gumpster, but it took about 2 months for them to correct a spelling mistake that appear at the end of each article on the new site.

With QS they just repost each ED/KGL cup page and occasionally interview a MOD/rasta/TP team.

Real original content is the key to making it work, and true interviews of the actual scene help provide that.

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
over 11 years ago

I think given the attention, this could actually be quite a big hit. Would be interesting to see what other games you include to this. Hopefully you include some of the lesser known games, as some of them have a really, really good competitive scene.

All the best with the project mate.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 11 years ago

Its just being able to find people with knowledge/rep from the lesser games that is the problem.

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
over 11 years ago

If you ask 01  unizo nicely, he might do Alliance of Valiant Arms for you =]

Gb  dronee
Website Operations Director
over 11 years ago

HoN is where it's at, but I'd have to stop being lazy and actually use my time effectively so I don't have uni work to do constantly. =p

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 11 years ago

Just a quick shout that we are still looking for people, just need people to lighten the load.

Just so you know what sort of thing we want have a quick browse over our current articles, and see if you could manage an article a week on something gaming related.

http://5man.co.uk