Universal Gaming League

over 13 years ago

Just out of curiosity are the admins thinking about doing a sc2 cup?

over 13 years ago

They'll need some sc2 admins. WINK WINK <3

over 13 years ago
Gb  dronee
Website Operations Director
over 13 years ago

I can't speak for everyone but I'm sure we wouldn't turn down any games if we thought we would be able to gain the necessary user base.

over 13 years ago

Gb  dronee Im sure with the vote you had on the old website, 251 voted for a sc2 cup. Im sure 16 of them could take part in the cup.

over 13 years ago

Gb  dronee I'm sure there is a big enough user base out there for sc2, as uni just said there are still a lot of players out there and willing to participate in a cup

over 13 years ago

i have this game now. so yes.

over 13 years ago

Gb  hrizn and you would play in a fun sc2 cup?

over 13 years ago

Ru  captmajor well i want to open the box first

over 13 years ago

Still i would be willing to help out with SC2 and I'm sure Uni would as well

over 13 years ago

meh i dont mind too xD

over 13 years ago

On the old site, we were waiting on paradox completing the final touches to our 1v1 system before we started with some sc2 cups. I'm sure that you will see some sc2 action in the near future with our brand new site.

over 13 years ago

Gb  Ryn GOOOOOOOOOOOD

over 13 years ago

Cool, I have it too, would be fun.

Gb  dronee
over 13 years ago

Gb  eXotiC Well we won't be gooooing until we get the new 1v1 system working again, as you will hopefully have read in my lovely news post, it is currently down. =p

over 13 years ago

Theres more than enuf support for these cups.

Gb  dronee
over 13 years ago

Like I said in the post before yours we need an efficient 1v1 system first. =]

over 13 years ago

Gb  dronee That wasnt what was asked.

"Just out of curiosity are the admins thinking about doing a sc2 cup? "

sc2 cup.

Gb  dronee
over 13 years ago

That was answered when Ryn said - "On the old site, we were waiting on paradox completing the final touches to our 1v1 system before we started with some sc2 cups.

We are thinking about it, but the 1v1 system is not yet operational, which would be used for a 1v1 SC2 cup. =p

over 13 years ago

Gb  dronee Why is it needed?

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 13 years ago

unfortunately I'm not a sc2 admin, so i'm not qualified to answer

Za  tankza
HoN Head Admin
over 13 years ago

From what I understand 1v1 SC is quite big. Not sure as I don't play it myself.

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
over 13 years ago

All I've heard about Starcraft II is that it's an awesome game and has exploded in popularity. Would have to speak with paradox about whether we are going to have it on the site or not, but I can't see any reason why he'd say no.

Ru  captmajor , the reason the 1v1 system is needed, is because UNGL.org doesn't support 1v1 cups yet. Gb  paradox hasn't yet made it, but I'm pretty sure he's doing it. We only support team cups, rather than supporting player cups. So for instance; if a player who is not in a team, attempted to apply for a cup, they'd not be able too. Where as only teams which specific requirements are able to apply for the cups.

I believe we've introduced a system for 5on5 cups, where you need to have 5 green ticked players, to be able to apply. If you don't have 5 green ticks, your application will be unsuccessful and the website its self, will dismiss your application, or tell you that you have not met the criteria we've set for the cup.

over 13 years ago

So, Is SC2 all 1v1 based or is that just the competitive side?

over 13 years ago
Gb  dronee
over 13 years ago

I don't really understand why this is confusing?

Anything you need explaining further I can help with mate?

over 13 years ago

Gb  dronee what was confusing was the fact that if we are asking for the cup then all that is needed is to is just sign people up.

01  Rings of Saturn has explained it now

over 13 years ago

Would be cool, i guess you have a guaranteed 10 years worth of activity, unlike CoD where the black ops ladder will go stale in a few months a the next is released.

over 13 years ago

Va  kaenna not this time. dedis.

bad ones that can only be sold by gameservers.com but servers nonetheless.

over 13 years ago

Wheres the cod4 activity?

over 13 years ago

at vita nova and tek9

over 13 years ago

Also, its not got the long term appeal of CoD4 tbh, we will see, but I doubt it will stick much, you could be right though.

over 13 years ago

yeah, im on about here :p

over 13 years ago

Va  kaenna there isnt any cod4 activity here

over 13 years ago

My first post was about here, my other wasnt :)).

And i was mainly using it as comparison, as Blizzard say that SC will have a 10 year lifespan, and their games DO tend to survive pretty well xP

over 13 years ago

cod doesnt care because it knows it will get another load of money next year. blizzard cba to make games. cod2 and cod4 share a community. blackops is creating a different one.

over 13 years ago

Gb  hrizn Blizzard takes care with its games. It earns enough money to take the process slow and not rush its games.

Unlike COD series

over 13 years ago

Ru  captmajor Blizzard are money grabbing.

Like COD series

over 13 years ago

Gb  hrizn Blizzard dont release a new game every year.

over 13 years ago

Ru  captmajor

i never said they did

they charge a large subscription for a mediocre game. SC II is just on the side, aswell as Diablo III.

over 13 years ago

Gb  hrizn Do you know how MMO's work?

over 13 years ago

Ru  captmajor do you know how capitalism works?

over 13 years ago

Gb  hrizn "they charge large subscription"

MMO's charge monthly as they are constantly being updated.

Therfore blizzard have a nice income and therfore dont need to rush their games.

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 13 years ago

Gb  hrizn irrelevent Comrade.

over 13 years ago

as for cod. their games are not marketed at the esports scene, they are marketed at hormonal chavs who steal ps3's.

scii wont kick off like hon

EDIT: "no longer" marketed for the esports scene

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 13 years ago

Gb  hrizn Like you and your brothers then?

SC2 may not be as big as HoN, but it's still made quite a impact, and it has quite a sucessful competitive streak so far.

over 13 years ago

Sc2 is probably much bigger than HoN.

The vote that ungl did for the cups was a bit biased.

Its like asking for a css cup or a cod4 cup.

over 13 years ago

Ru  captmajor that poll was taken about 6 months ago. even still you appear to be fighting a 1 man army here ;\

over 13 years ago

Irrelevant.

over 13 years ago

i never said either were bigger. im saying that it wont kick off on this site like hon did. with top teams like OK and fnatic.

over 13 years ago

Gb  hrizn Because the site hasnt added support quick enough.

about 13 years ago

sc2 may not be as big as hon,

are you joking pal sc2 is massive, the little Koreans well any one east of russia love that and Europe, dont think it is huge in uk though

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
about 13 years ago

Starcraft II is probably the biggest RTS in the world at the minute, it's also probably one of the biggest games out right now.

However, Starcraft II scene from what I've been told, is very much like the 1.6 scene. They're very unforgiving and autistic like. They don't like change and anything new, immediately gets shunned unless it's impeccable, immaculate and has big prizes.

That's all going on word of mouth though, don't take it as gospel.

about 13 years ago

:D

about 13 years ago

01  Rings of Saturn sorry sc2 are nothing like that. Blizzard have already made major changes to game and i anit seen nothing of what you've just say.

and yes sc2 is the biggest in rts.

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
about 13 years ago

Ru  captmajor , having Blizzard make changes to the game, doesn't make changes to the people who play it. I think you've misread what I put, try revising it and then editing your reply.

about 13 years ago

01  Rings of Saturn "They don't like change and anything new"

...no they dont mind

about 13 years ago

Ru  captmajor I agree...The reason they expect change to be "immaculate" is probably because what sets Sc apart is the fact that it is perfectly balanced. Now thats less of an issue in games like source, but for an RTS the game becomes virtually broken if one races is Op and the others are weak. Therefore Blizzard have to act carefully as the game is balanced on the tip of a knife.

Indeed, they released a polished game, so there is little reason for there to major updates anyway and as far as i know, Sc has casuals and pewpew pr0 playerZ, so there will be a degree of unforgiveness..