Universal Gaming League

Gb  Sparky
Really?
over 12 years ago

WoaHHH now slow down - I'm not talking about a magazine or a shoddy flyer stuffed through your letter box proclaiming "UNGL BEST".

I've been considering the possibility of establishing a scheme for aspiring writers to publish articles and write-ups regarding our hotly contested cups here at UNGL. Other topics could potentially include the theory behind E-Sports and how to develop your team over the weeks and months to come.

I would like to make clear that such a scheme should have distinct differences from the Articles written over at Cadred and Tek-9. Rather than focusing on changes within high level teams and players throughout Source scene (which requires a wide range of contacts within the community), we could instead have our own tight knit group of writers who bounce ideas off eachother to develop their theory and technique.

How I feel this could benefit UNGL

- It could potentially bring more traffic to the website.

- UNGL would become more highly regarded in the gaming community, seeing people turning to it more frequently, rather than using it solely for matches and the forums.

How I feel the community could benefit from this idea.

- New talent could be revealed and nurtured by the more senior figures at UNGL.

- Writers would be able to say that they have written articles of a high quality for a website with a very high number of unique hits and a large bandwidth of traffic.

- It would encourage discussion amongst players and as such articles could be tailored to benefit the community; fulfilling its needs and also consequently bringing a more educated and formal code of conduct with it.

I'm really interested to hear your thoughts on this gentlefolk so drop me a PM or add me on steam (silentsparkle) if you want to discuss it in a medium other than this thread.

At present I want to stress that this is just an idea and does not at present have the support of UNGL.

Gb  DazzyJ I am aware that you publish articles at 5man.co.uk but I feel that UNGL.org would be a more effective website to act as a springboard for such a project.

Ta,

Sparklewarkle

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Gb  Sparky Has already been discussed previously, and was fairly sure that Gb  paradox did not want it to happen. I might recall that wrongly though.

Also 5MAN.CO.UK is currently inactive while I work on building UKESA.

Gb  Sparky
Really?
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ Ah are you designing the whole site for UKESA?

EDIT : Would you be able to dig out the thread for the last time it was brought up Dazzle? I'd be interested to see what peoples thoughts were on it.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Gb  Sparky It was adminside, so you won't get to see it.

I am unsure of the full purpose of the UKESA at the moment, but I have plans to incorporate the more popular 5MAN.CO.UK series (are you saving? / interviews) along with providing other useful features for the UK CS:S scene.

Gb  Sparky
Really?
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ Awesome, are you doing it off your own back or have you been hired as such to do so?

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Gb  Sparky As usual, all my own work for the benefit of the scene.

Gb  Sparky
Really?
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ Nawwwww bless.

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ sorry rich!

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Gb  IV Been found out.

03  QCK
Drinks too much
over 12 years ago

i love this idea and would help out where i could :)

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 12 years ago

03  QCK +1, my creative side needs a test, griefing on minecraft just doesen't cut it anymore :(

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

03  QCK Gb  IV If you are willing to do this sort of thing, you are more than welcome to do it for 5MAN/UKESA ;)

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ Ofc :)

03  QCK
Drinks too much
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ Sure sure :D how far is UKESA from finishing?

over 3 years ago

learned alot here thanks for posting this!

breastaugmentationsacramentoca.com

about 3 years ago

great site! glad i found this. any recent updates? https://lawncarebatonrougela.com

almost 3 years ago

Then pay the price for it www.doulaphiladelphia.com