Universal Gaming League

about 12 years ago

So I was thinking, how about UNGL has some sort of notification system whereby if someone tags you in a post (by typing the '@' key followed by your user id) you receive a notification as you do if you have an unread message in your inbox, basically like facebook :P

This could help to cut down on the annoying messages in the chatbox such as "someone accept 5on5 go" that we're all so used to seeing as currently I'm sure most of these people don't look at the chatbox again and therefore don't realise they've done anything wrong (despite the many people telling them to stfu).

Alternatively it could just be when admins tag you in a post that you receive a notification to stop people spamming tags in forum threads to ensure people read it.

Let me know what you think, also if this is already in place please tell me so I can go wallow in a hole of self pity.

Jp  mr.viruS
one of those
about 12 years ago

its already in place. HOLE NOW!

BOT= I hate when facebook sends me those things, once i got 150 ****ing emails from 1 post... NO ty.

about 12 years ago

i dont think you understand what im suggesting, im saying that when you tag someone they should receive a notification to say that they have been tagged, how would you receive more than 1 notification from this? (providing nothing goes wrong with the system), and are you sure this is in place? tag me so i can see plz :)

when i say tag i mean like this - Jp  mr.viruS

00  Phantom
CS Admin
about 12 years ago

Gb  PreDator There you go.

about 12 years ago

hm, well it has definately not already been done as I didn't receive any form of notification, ty 00  Phantom ;)

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 12 years ago

Gb  PreDator It would possibly cause problems when you get a notification on the adminside forums and you can't see it.

about 12 years ago

We could also restrict the access lines from admin forums. It's possible but guys, Paradox is key for things like this and at the moment is a busy guy. You're going to need to have a little patience. I agree this is a very good idea and note has been taken.

about 12 years ago

no problem :) ty for replying

over 3 years ago

learned alot here thanks for posting this!

sanjosewelding.com

about 3 years ago

cant get over this. will recommend this to my friends.

decks lincoln ne

almost 3 years ago

They're taking my heart now www.pittsburghdoula.com