Universal Gaming League

Gb  paradox
The Boss
over 6 years ago

Feedback for the new site here please!

Any bugs can go here too (although if it's a serious one please PM me directly)

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 6 years ago

URGH LOOK AT YOUR FACE.

Other than that, it's good to see it finally pushed publicside :)

Gb  VRUCE
Admin
over 6 years ago

I like it, very clean and easy to move around site. I love the new cup and matches layout it gives far more information and looks professional.

Just few bugs or not bugs and im dumb :) -

Home page - Forum section only shows brand new forum posts and not old forum posts with new comment in them

Profile - Do not see how to change profile picture ? but notice DazzyJ has manged to change it ?

CS:GO Ladders - The Ranks, have no inactive teams in them and with matches dating from years ago

Things what i preferred about old site

- Team profiles - Achievements stuck out more with usage of the cup

- Team Profiles - Text and info was layed out better, (ps it may just need reediting from team leaders )

- Forums - I liked how the actual forum post was layed out more then the new version

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 6 years ago

Gb  VRUCE

* The changing profile image is a Gravatar, head over to http://en.gravatar.com/ and create an account using the same email address there as what you use on UNGL and follow the instructions to create a Gravatar.

I do think there should be a small instruction on the profile page/account settings to say that it's powered by Gravatar.

The profile image would look better under the username rather than in the post section.

* The forum sections how the same as before, just that the numbers increase to show post counts.

* Regarding the awards, I think they would look better with the cups on them.

Gb  VRUCE
Admin
over 6 years ago

Cheers for info

Gb  nSmed
UNGL Administrator
over 6 years ago

Gb  paradox i have some really annoying scrollbars on the chatbox.. fix pls kind sir.

Gb  Ander
CS:GO Admin
over 6 years ago

Chatbox - I would recommend having a custom scrollbar on the chatbox if you want to keep it. It looks out of place with the current theme. Should be easy enough to find a jQuery custom scrollbar.

Forums - I would recommend having the appropriate game icons next to the titles. Would make the forum look a little more interesting.

Team Pages - Need to include "Cup Icons" for the teams that have achieved their retrospective cup winnings. I had instant trouble thinking results were "lost" giving the icons gives an indication what teams have / haven't won.

Apart from that functionality wise, good job its simple and easy to use. Would recommend getting the rules page up and running with notification clearly everywhere that Libra is still in development.

Gb  VRUCE
Admin
over 6 years ago

DazzyJ - i made a gravatar but having trouble getting the website link could you help?

Gb  nSmed
UNGL Administrator
over 6 years ago

When you setup your gravatar account you should be using the same email, as you used on ungl, If you have sometimes it takes a while to refresh.

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 6 years ago

I'm having issues posting, the new set up is nice however.

over 6 years ago

Layout of the site is great & easy to use.

*Thumbs up*

over 6 years ago

I dont even know what part of the forum I'm in any more.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 6 years ago

- It would be nice to have the old "reply" function for the forums, makes it a lot easier than having to find the userid and do the ol' business.

- Think cup brackets page should be a bit more laid out over the section, unless that right side is being taken over by some form of placeholder for final standings which would be a nice idea.

Edit: Something along these lines. - http://prntscr.com/20n3n4

over 6 years ago

Only thing that i've noticed is the inactive teams still in the ladder, besides that it's really good :)

Gb  VRUCE
Admin
over 6 years ago

Function to leave teams ? where abouts it this ?

over 6 years ago

finally!!!

Gb  Ander
over 6 years ago

Team Pages - Games need to include the scoreline instead of when it was played put the score line along with the win/loss this would be a nicer format of view. (Recommendation from Gb  Hatton ).

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 6 years ago

When writing match comments it'd be nice to be able to hit enter to do paragraphs rather than for it to post.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 6 years ago

Match comments should include the timestamp like before so that admins can work out when things were said in relation to the match time (rather than a vague X days ago)

Gb  Ander
over 6 years ago

Many users are experiencing issues when attempting to leave teams. Only way they can leave is being kicked by leaders. However, leaving yourself cannot be done.

Gb  paradox
The Boss
over 6 years ago

Gb  Ander - is this still the case? I put out a fix last night

Gb  Ander
over 6 years ago

I'll check it now

Works fine, had a few users yesterday with the issue. Thanks

Gb  Sparky
Really?
over 6 years ago

A page listing all current UNGL Staff would be useful if it was accessible directly from the homepage.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 6 years ago

Being able to cancel fixtures from the challenges page would be useful.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 6 years ago

Don't display teams in the ladder until they've played a game / bring back the 60 day inactivity removal for teams.

Gb  VRUCE
Admin
over 6 years ago

Found this graphic bug just.

14 days ago

This is probably the best site i've ever seen before Retaining Walls Pittsburgh