Universal Gaming League

Main League #3

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 6 years ago

We welcome back the UNGL Season format for the Season #3, running from the 27th June to 1st August including the catch-up week.

Teams that were in the previous season, and did not get blacklisted will get automatically accepted into the next season if they apply for this season. Blacklisted teams can appeal for a place by sending a PM to myself.

All teams should have a server for the duration of the season, and it should have the latest version of zBlock and the UNGL config.

Libra Anti-Cheat is mandatory for every game on UNGL, and the season is no different. Please try to sort any problems you may have with it BEFORE the season starts.

Map List - ALL GAMES AT 20:00GMT

WEEK 1 - 27th June 2012 - de_nuke

WEEK 2 - 4th July 2012 - de_season

WEEK 3 - 11th July 2012 - de_tuscan

WEEK 4 - 18th July 2012 - de_dust2

WEEK 5 - 25th July 2012 - de_inferno

Please do not signup if you do not intend to play, you may still be entered and your team may recieve losses, and be blacklisted from future UNGL events.

Scoring System

Teams will receive 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss. Defaults count as 8-0.

Teams must play all 30 rounds, or else the remaining rounds are given to the team that remains on the server.

Handy Links

Rules - http://www.ungl.org/p/Rules

Staff - http://www.ungl.org/Staff

Libra - http://www.ungl.org/Libra

No  BarryScott
Loves kicking people very hard.
about 6 years ago

Good luck everyone.

Au  r0b1
CS Head Admin
about 6 years ago

glhf gg wp

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 6 years ago

Good luck to all that enter :)

about 6 years ago

God i love nuke... Good luck every one :)

about 6 years ago

gonna get bigggggggg

about 6 years ago

Good luck everyone hope to see some astounding games

about 6 years ago

GOOOOODLUUCK.

about 6 years ago

gl

about 6 years ago

Good Luck to all :)

about 6 years ago

Gl every1 that enters

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 6 years ago

Signups for this will close on Wednesday.

about 6 years ago

gl all Have FUn

about 6 years ago

Signups for this will close on Wednesday.

So Wednesday is the last day :x if its not possible to join then dont say Wednesday then its ****ing Tuesday 23:59.

about 6 years ago

Well no GZUZ, if it says signups will close on Wednesday that means when Wednesday comes it will be closed, aka you cannot sign up on Wednesday.

about 6 years ago

Teams must play all 30 rounds, or else the remaining rounds are given to the team that remains on the server.

WHY IS THIS SO ****??WHY MUST BE PLAYED ALL 30ROUNDS ?

Au  r0b1
CS Head Admin
about 6 years ago

Sk  naty It's a league. Ranking within each divisions is done by round difference, so all rounds must be played to ensure accurate rankings.

about 6 years ago

am I right in thinking that if you have been invited to the warm up cup you will be in the Main League?

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 6 years ago

De  GZUZ I closed them at about 4am today, so they did get closed on Wednesday as stated in the relevant post.

Gb  TuCkS Fraid not, it's just a warmup for teams that have made it into the season and will include non-participants.

Sk  naty What Au  r0b1 has said is completely correct.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 6 years ago

Teams, if you have signed up to the Main League or Pro League by mistake or you no longer wish to take part you have until 16th June to contact me saying that you no longer wish to be entered.

Please remember, only signup to events if you intend to play.

about 6 years ago

I have a small question: I've checked yesterday afternoon where my team was assigned and I saw we had a spot in the Main League Division 3. I'm really surprised to see that now we are in the Division 2. Why this change? (Aren't the teams random divided in divisions?)

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
about 6 years ago

Ro  Th3ta It'll be because a team folded, or were replaced.

Remember UNGL works in TIERS so division 1 & 2 are TIER 1, division 3 & 4 are TIER 2 and so on.

Teams are in divisions mainly based on skill to the best that we can, however this is not always possible.

about 6 years ago

I see. After the group stage there will be a playoff also? If so how many teams will qualify from each group: first 2?

about 6 years ago

Th3ta +1 for question and can i ask when will have match details for the divisions matches ?

Au  r0b1
CS Head Admin
about 6 years ago

Bg  phenoM Fixtures - 20th June 2012

As detailed in the countdown thread: http://ungl.org/forum/24/4861/1/Season_3_Countdown

about 6 years ago

Right, so once you have played all your games, the winners play together?

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
almost 6 years ago

Ro  Th3ta 02  boxy It's likely we may do this for the current season.

almost 6 years ago

I know that in cups the matches have to respect the given schedule (we can't reschedule the matches) but in this league could we reschedule any fixtures if something comes up and we can't play at default day and time? If so what are the deadlines?

almost 6 years ago

iirc you are allowed one rescheduled match. thats what is was for the last season , im sure Gb  DazzyJ will clarify this later for you

almost 6 years ago

I think it should work as in ED. So long as both teams are willnig to reschedule then that's fine. If however you can't play and the opposition are unwilling to reschedule, you wildcard it, and they have to. Then you have either 1 or 2 wildcards to use.

Wildcards must be used with 24 hours notice though, and reschedule requests before that.

It's a good and fair system.

Gb  nSmed
UNGL Administrator
almost 6 years ago

Why do people always assume that were ED? and should follow every rule they have.

Gb  DEADLYY
Badman.
almost 6 years ago

Gb  nSmed If you read correctly, he is _not_ assuming that UNGL is ED.

He is _suggesting_ a (fair) system that could be used.

Gb  nSmed
UNGL Administrator
almost 6 years ago

Hes basically suggesting "use this ED rule"

There is a reason ED is dead.

almost 6 years ago

Gb  nSmed +1

that was how ED did things , this is not how UNGL do things.

almost 6 years ago

@off: A noob question: What's "ED"? :|

@on: Let's wait for Gb  DazzyJ to clarify this.

almost 6 years ago

ED = Enemy Down , used to be a popular league etc with lots going on

almost 6 years ago

Gb  nSmed Are all your admins so defensive and rude?

I offered a fair system as suggestion. The only reason I mentioned ED is because they use it, and I think it's a good system.

That is not why ED is dead, so your statement is completely senseless.

So much for a forum, for discussion...

Ro  Th3ta ED = EnemyDown

almost 6 years ago

01  MiCk made a good point u might get a answer from some admins but u wont get anything from old trooper sitting bull.

almost 6 years ago

01  MiCk I completely agree with you some teams have players that can't make the schedule due to rl stuff work, kids etc the system u suggested is fair on everyone there's nothing wrong with rescheduling a match where as to me taking a default off a team because u don't want to reschedule or no u will lose so take the easy win doesn't show division standings as they should be.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
almost 6 years ago

You may reschedule games, but only if the other team allows it - please note they don't have to accept it. You may "wildcard/catchup week" one game, but you must play it by the end of the catchup week, and tell the team at least 24-48 hours before the game.

In short, you knew the dates when you signed up so you should in practice know when you needed to play.

almost 6 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ yes dazzy we do know the dates prior but with work/kids things change like times u can b on no flame intended thanks for clearing things up.

almost 6 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ Glad you've cleared things. That's pretty much what I'd originally said as a plan, but with a point about "knowing the dates & times" before signing up.

I agree games should be played on time if possible, but to save on defaults, flexibility is needed.

I don't know why I got so much attitude at first, especially since it wasn't a written rule. Even more surprised now, as I was right in what I was saying...

00  Phantom
CS Admin
almost 6 years ago

01  MiCk I got the same treatment from Gb  nSmed when I made a very valid point too.

almost 6 years ago

Gb  nSmed

Not sure that is completely true.

At the end of the day Flame, it is a valid suggestion, it prevents defaults, it gets more games played, and helps the league flow better.

It also prevents teams from having issues which impact on the league night and helps admins with the work.

Flame stickin to the name I see :)

(We should all be in this together to help each other out for the benefit of the scene, not to shoot down plausable ideas).

almost 6 years ago

Gb  nSmed I thought ED died because of a lack of a decent anti cheat and not many tournaments outside of the league. I'm sure the reason it died was not because of a system that as pointed out by 01  MiCk Is a pretty fair a valid suggestion/question? ^__________^

Edit: I could be wrong though and if I am please correct me =]

almost 6 years ago

Hi. I'm the captain of the Bomb-Sight team and I've sent a PM to Han (6th Jul 12 - 0:47) to say that we can't play in this league due to some problems and to FF all our group matches (we withdraw from this competition). Don't know why no actions has been taken so far. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Th3ta

almost 6 years ago

Ro  Th3ta in future, please don't sign up for cups or leagues if you don't intend on playing all of your matches. Rescheduling them is an option, but to save people time both in and out of the league, you should really respect people enough to play at the allotted date/time..

Leave it with Han, he'll sort things for you I imagine.

almost 6 years ago

I'm sorry about this situation. We wanted very much to play but unfortunately the current personal life of every one of us prevent me for preparing the matches and even show up. In this case I though that the logical solution is to withdraw the team from the competition and not to bother the other teams in our group. That's why I've sent that message to Han so situations like this: http://ungl.org/fixture/45661 will not happen.

Regards,

Th3ta

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
almost 6 years ago

Ro  Th3ta Defaulted the games.

almost 6 years ago

you sent me the message after the draws had been made and there was nothing we can do

almost 6 years ago

Af  Han Albeit after they were entered, you could've let the other teams know. We had to turn up, sit and wait around until 8.15, when you'd already been made aware they wouldn't be coming.

How ridiculous?!

almost 6 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ Thank you for your help and again I'm sorry for any inconvenience. Good luck to all of the teams still playing.

No worries Af  Han - I thought you can FF my team's matches so we wouldn't bother the remaining fixtures and teams from the group.

Regards,

Th3ta

00  Phantom
CS Admin
almost 6 years ago

Ez  Shadsdoesntevenlift At least he had the decency to contact the admins and inform them of the situation. (Not having a go at you btw)