Universal Gaming League

over 12 years ago

Hello.

Kinda quit CSS before the updates (2 years ago ish) started playing again recently but my fps isnt stable. My specs:

E8400
6GB
250GTS
Win7 64bit

Before the updates i would play with 125 fps locked and no drops. Now it randomly drops to about 80 for 1 mini second and goes back to 125 and this happends every few seconds, pretty ****. The only thing that i changed from before to after updates is my windows, went from XP to WIN7 64bit. But my windows is clean, register/spyware and all that stuff.

Atm im playing around with few settings. Like this one: "mat_queue_mode" i had it on 2. I changed it to -2 and it looks like its better now altho not really tested it alot (will do that tonight) but i dont even know what the -2 setting it, it says "Legacy default" here is the rest of the command info.

archive - The queue/thread mode the material system should use: -2=legacy default, -1=default, 0=synchronous single thread, 1=queued single thread, 2=queued multithreaded

My launch options: -dxlevel 81 -console -w 800 -h 600 -noforcemparms -noforcemaccel -refresh 75 -threads 2 +con_filter_enable 1 +con_filter_text_out "vertex"

Screen of my video options: http://www.hypnotiq.eu/video.png
Autoexec: using Atza's config.

So anyone have any tips to increase performance/more stable fps?

Thank you

IV
Slugger
over 12 years ago

cheeky

over 12 years ago

thx BarryScott fixed it for me.