Universal Gaming League

over 12 years ago

http://HoNPortal.org goes live!

http://Honportal.org

Well, here we are! The wait is over. All that hype and energy that was generated over this at the start of the year has faded with time, but we stayed strong and kept working away to bring you this...the finished product. We are here to provide you the latest in all HoN related news. What better news to launch with than, HoN is now free for everyone. They have switched their whole business model on its head and opening the doors as wide as possible to increase the popularity of the game. A fair few people may feel cheated by this, especially as they just had a sudden influx of orders from their account sale to celebrate hitting 500,000 accounts but if you look at what S2 are providing to everyone who has parted with money to play the game, the deal doesn't seem quite so raw.

About HoNPortal.org

HonPortal.org is your premier location for anything and everything Heroes of Newerth. From guides and games all the way to interviews and teams, we're dedicated to bringing you the most up-to-date and exciting information revolving around the game we all know and love.

At present, there are multiple sites and portals on the internet that touch on HoN. The issue with this is that to find the information you need, many time you need to navigate through a mess of links and multiple websites. Our goal at HoNPortal.org is to provide you with ALL the information you require within a singular site and database! By utilizing the dedication of many fans, e-sports enthusiasts, and professionals, we've finally managed to bring you this innovative new site and knowledgebase.

During development, many times we thought to ourselves, "Wouldn't it be great if we could do THIS" or "Damnit, why can't this site just do that?". By listening to HoN fans and players, we feel as if we managed to pool all these great ideas and MORE to deliver you the best possible experience available. Have an AMAZING game that might never see the light of day because THAT site is stretched thin covering tournaments? Send us the replay. Have a guide that's been scoffed at and ridiculed? Let US take a look...one man's trash is another man's treasure. Want to get involved? CONTACT US! This site is FOR players and fans, BY players and Fans...and we want to hear from you!

And finally, I just want to simply say thanks. Thanks for being patient for us. Thanks for visiting the site. And of course, thanks for supporting HoN!

Gb  nSmed
UNGL Administrator
over 12 years ago

that is like the best use of bbcode ive ever seen

over 12 years ago

Gb  nSmed ahhh lol some works :)

over 12 years ago

we all know Hon is dead already as soon dota2 comes out bye bye hon

over 12 years ago

Fo  F1sheR Highly doubt it since NASL announcement and Also Possible MLG

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 12 years ago

Br  ollie DOTA2 will be the new hype, sorry.

over 12 years ago

Highy doubt it? i can 100% ensure you with guaranty that hon doesn't stand a chance.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

I agree with Fo  F1sheR & Gb  IV , but otherwise good luck with the site.

Lb  KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
over 12 years ago

GLLLLLLL

03  QCK
Drinks too much
over 12 years ago

Wasnt this started by jay and jon? (wWhitty & Sig)?

over 12 years ago

03  QCK It was started by Me and them but they are hardly online anymore

03  QCK
Drinks too much
over 12 years ago

Br  ollie ahh cool ;) they been in zante as far im aware jays a homo anyway

Gb  dronee
Website Operations Director
over 12 years ago

You've been working on this for ages, and I have been looking foreword to it, but I'm afraid to say I think its too late.

HoN will die, they admitted that with making it f2p.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee FOREWORD? I THOUGHT YOU WERE MEANT TO BE A WRITER.

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee this guy has a time machine.

Gb  dronee
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ been at a LAN all weekend, am knackered, and was on a train. =p

Gb  IV huh? =p

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee you know things only time travellers could know.

Gb  dronee
over 12 years ago

Gb  IV That HoN will die? Nah that's pretty obvious unless Steam do something drastically wrong with Dota2

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee You have many secrets Traveller.

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee OR DO YOU MEAN VALVE?

Gb  dronee
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ DO YOU HAVE A CAPSLOCK BUTTON?

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee Yes, I do thank you.

Gb  Sparky
Really?
over 12 years ago

Gb  DazzyJ Stop picking on Dronee! You're just jealous that he gets to go to console lans and you don't =]

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
over 12 years ago

Gb  Sparky I get to go and do.. oh wait, nevermind :(

Gb  dronee
over 12 years ago

Gb  Sparky Was more fun than I expected tbh.

Gb  Sparky
Really?
over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee Have you got a link to your coverage of ECL? I'd be interested to read it and see how it compares to the PC LAN's such as Iseries and Epic.

Gb  IV
Slugger
over 12 years ago

Gb  Sparky aka he wants some tips.

Gb  dronee
over 12 years ago

Gb  Sparky What you looking for? Took lots of pics @ http://www.facebook.com/TCMGaming but other than that my coverage was mostly twitter and result based for the team.

How it compares, it ran ****e, was behind schedule by hours and hours.

Gb  Sparky
Really?
over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee Wow some nice shots there. I can't help but feel from looking at the photo's however that they might aswell be playing on PC's with 360 controllers.... just gives off that vibe.

Gb  dronee
over 12 years ago

Gb  Sparky You just described a console there, no? :D

Shots are completely unedited, just threw them up throughout the even, may eventually go through them. =p

Gb  Sparky
Really?
over 12 years ago

Gb  dronee Is there any footage of some of the Black Ops fellas actually playing? Curious as to whether they play like general tards or whether they're of a similar standard of PC players. INB4 Console vs Pc war.....

Also the standard of play that you saw, was it of a high quality?

Gb  dronee
over 12 years ago

Willing to discuss, but I advise a new thread in the off topic forum, sorry for derailing this thread.

Gb  dronee
over 12 years ago