I. General Rules: Insurgency
1. Server Configuration files
- The UNGL Insurgency 5on5 Firefight config is available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ocddmv2t7iongvg/ungl_insurgency_server_configs.zip
- The UNGL Insurgency 3on3+ Push config is available here:
2. User Settings
- POV demos (ineye) must be recorded for every game.
- You must be using at least dxlevel 81 or above.
- Color depth of 16 bit is not allowed
- You should use default GUI that is league legal.
- You may not run programs/scripts that allow PICMIP editing using external programs. For example ATI Tray Tools.
- You may not run programs/scripts that allow ambient occlusion, this is considered a form of cheating.
- You may not run programs/scripts that give an unfair advantage, these include things such as aimbot, wallhack and others.
3. Latency & Connection
- All players should strive to solve any connection issues prior to the mp_restartgame command being given. However connection issues are not an advantage to either side so it does not equate to an ineligibility to proceed with the match.
4. Creating Matches
- All matches should be created via the Match Planner, DO NOT ADVERTISE MATCHES ON THE SHOUTBOX.
- You cannot state that you do not wish to play other teams in the "Other Rules" sections, UNGL is an open playing ground and all teams can accept the fixture.
- All matches should use the appropriate UNGL server config. If the config is wrong, you must contest it before the game has been commenced.
- The game must be played on a server thats most suitable for both teams, if there are connection problems you must try and use another server. If a server cannot be agreed upon the home teams server is to be used. Due to the nature of the league and the varied nation of its participants connection issues are not grounds for conflict.
- VAC2 must be enabled on the server. Any other plugins are not allowed.
- At the moment we favour no tickrate over another. Servers with tickrate 64 or tickrate 128 will be treated equally, however CFG settings (cmdrate + updaterate) are valued for 128 by default.
6. Start of Matches
- UNGL appropriate config must be executed.
- A rcon status screenshot must be taken at the beginning of the match and in case of any roster or server change.
- An mp_restargame command must be used to start the match.
- You may not play if you are not Green Ticked by the time a match is lived. An exception to this rule is if the opposing team agree to allowing timed players to participate. However this must be brought up before a match starts or this rule becomes void.
- A team is to be considered late at 15 minutes past the arranged match fixture time. At 15 minutes past this arranged time a team can claim a forfeit, however, if possible, a team should wait.
- Reloading the map after first half is recommended due to the in-game bugs (e.g. all scores remains at 0, random spectator view while dead). When it's fixed by developers reloading the maps will not be necessary.
7. During Play
- Scripts (excluding FPS configs) are not allowed.
- You are given 5 minutes of pause time each side to sort out connection issues or leaving members.
- Pauses are only allowed in freezetime.
- If the server crashes play will continue from the round that it crashed. Make sure your team record demos so that it will be possible to prove a partial-score later on.
- At any given time a UNGL admin may join the server as spectator. This is permitted and may happen during any official match. Admin cannot join if he/she's a member of a team which takes part in the competition.
- Once a match as been started (LIVE), server conditions cannot be disputed. It is up to each team to check that a server is playable on.
- Only team leaders are allowed to communicate using the in-game chat during the match.
8. Defining Unfair Play
- In-game spotting (using Radial Menu) is strongly forbidden. Your team loses every round where spotting was used, proven by POV demo. To avoid mistakes unbind Radial Menu in your personal config file.
- Reaching any point in the map which is not part of the playable map is not allowed.
9. After Play
- Matches should be accepted within 48 hours of being played, after which time an admin will force the current result.
- If there is a problem with a match please PM an Insurgency Admin.
- Once requested, a demo should be provided within 24 hours. A maximum of TWO POV demos can be requested each side.
- If you suspect that someone may be cheating, or that foul play (use of bugs) has occured then please, remain professional and mature and at the end of the match review the demo, submit a match conflict and give the admin the tick positions of where you feel they may have occured. If you do not provide ticks we will not review a demo.
II. Ladder Rules: 5on5+ Firefight
- Max rounds: 7
- Round time: 4 minutes
- Map pool: Contact, Siege, Heights, Peak, Market, District, Ministry
- Minimum of 4 players to begin the match
- If both teams agree it's possible to play up to 7on7
III. Ladder Rules: 3on3+ Push
- Max rounds: 3
- Round time / Part time: TBA
- Map pool: TBA (thinking of custom & 'old' maps - Buhriz, Karam[?])
- Minimum of 3 players to begin the match
- If both teams agree it's possible to play up to 5on5