Universal Gaming League

almost 13 years ago

Just a thought, Dont know if you tried this before.

But a 1.6 Ladder and maybe a few cups :) ? Maybe something to take into consideration as this can become quite fun, and im pretty sure itll be active because some source players will play it for a laugh :)

Gb  DazzyJ
UNGL Contributor
almost 13 years ago

Tv  uneekSTYLA Has been mentioned before, and will not be happening.

almost 13 years ago

aww :( damn you :D haha

almost 13 years ago

we would give it a go, wed be worse than nik at source but still be a laugh (<3 you nik xoxo)

almost 13 years ago

^ :)

01  Rings of Saturn
Semi-inactive
almost 13 years ago

1.6 is a dying game in both the UK and Europe. Although it still thrives in Sweden, Germany, France and Russia/Ukraine, there are no "standard" teams around any more.

Another significant problem with 1.6 is their almost autistic approach to something new. If it doesn't work first time and perfectly, it will never work. Therefore, if we make 1 mistake, the league will be branded as a "shambles" and any future cups will immediately be shunned by the community.

A good example of this would be GBGL, they had a very good website, they were working on an AC but because the admins made the wrong decisions, in terms of maps and rules, it was completely ignored as a competitive gaming league.

almost 13 years ago

Have you not seen the recent announcements on the next season of all the main LAN events in 1.6 they have added 2 new maps to the map list. Though I do 100% agree with you that UK 1.6 is pretty much dead SGL is a living example it is the last place in UK that keeps the uk 1.6 competitive seen alive and is slowly fading away. Down to like 4 divisions I remember only a couple of years ago them having like 10 active divisions.

03  EsioooOOOOO
Carrier bag!
almost 13 years ago

01  Rings of Saturn I remember the GBGL xD got banned cause somebody said I had blue tac instead of a crosshair..

Lb  KYANITE
The Hairy Arab
almost 13 years ago

Seriously, I would love playing 1.6 ladders for teh lulz xD