Universal Gaming League

onside
aka "Donkey"
over 11 years ago

how do you all feel about this game, i personally think it is the worst game ever and cannot stand its current flaws.

* maps make you feel like your playing cod
* ak spray while standing is impossible unless you shoot your feet then you hit the enemy
* grenades take far too long to equip and release, require seperate clicks in between
* fps is buggered because of hdr crap
* deagle is pathetic and in-accurate
* p90 means game over for everyone not using it, plus you get more money LOL...
* strats are impossible as it doesn't feel like your ever in a match

i could go on forever, what do you all think of the game, where it needs to improve, where it is better than css/1.6 etc etc etc.

thanks

over 11 years ago

onside
i concur game is pooooonaniiiiiiiiiiiiiii and im css till i die

over 11 years ago

onside
so far i dont like it needs more updating imo

over 11 years ago

steven-
hi steven,ur input is welcomed here

onside
aka "Donkey"
over 11 years ago

they say that they built the game around what the players want, hmm i think not mr newell. i never asked to lose the ability to spray and pray.

over 11 years ago

cs go is good! *END OF CONVO*

over 11 years ago

FragOMatic
u dont even have it bud...... dw im sure u will get it for christmas ;)

onside
aka "Donkey"
over 11 years ago

FragOMatic
- so in theory you are saying it is crap, i concur :D

over 11 years ago

onside
tbh like the fact you cant hardly spray and pray anymore even though people still do it here and there, deagle i like it due to being able to use it and cant on css :) and find it more accurate tbh.

But since you have so many problems maybe go back to CS:S everyone has there own view some like it some wont.

Phantom
CS Admin
over 11 years ago

PROS
- 128 tick.

CONS
- The general movement feels like you're trying to roller-skate on ice.
- All of the main guns feel terrible to use and are infective, other guns (P90) are just ridiculous.
- The money system is completely screwed.
- The post-processing that is meant to make a game look good actually makes the game look far worse.
- The decoy grenade is completely useless in a competitive environment.
- The molotov is nothing but annoying, just delays rounds.
- Smokes are pointless, they're buggy and sometimes translucent.
- Some of the maps feel extremely cramped in places. (Banana on de_inferno)
- Static props littering the maps, sometimes acting as bullet shields.
- Only one flashbang per player.
- Grenades now no longer bounce properly.
- No HLTV/STV function as of this date, even though the game was released over a week ago.
- You can't even join servers properly all the time.
- Sound is terrible, not just spatially.

Trust me, the list of CONS could be longer, these are just ones off the top of my head. Valve/HPE did a top notch job making this game.

over 11 years ago

Phantom
so you enjoy the game then m8?

Phantom
CS Admin
over 11 years ago

baddiieeee
Yeah it's way better than the last CoD.

over 11 years ago

Phantom
LOLOLOLOLOLOL :) yeh i agree ........ its terrible!!

onside
aka "Donkey"
over 11 years ago

Blakeee
- sorry if i offended the "cs:go neighbourhood watch team" im trying to get peoples thoughts on it, why do you heff to be so mad!

Phantom
- awesome, i missed some out but you covered them.

problem is if this game was made from "gamers" suggestions, who the hell did they speak to? cod gamers probably lol.

Chaddy
Community Administrator
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago

Chaddy
"catch"

over 11 years ago

onside
hardly mad is it, but if thats what you think, nice.

Sparky
Really?
over 11 years ago

onside
I'll try and take your points one by one.

[i]Maps make you feel like you're playing COD[/i]

I'd disagree with this completely. At their core the maps are essentially their Source/1.6 counterparts. Perhaps the graphical look alludes to the Call of Duty feel, but in my opinion that's all it does.

[i]AK Spray while standing is impossible unless you shoot your feet then you hit the enemy[/i]

Again I'd disagree, though I acknowledge the recoil pattern is greater than and very different to Source. It's simply a matter of relearning recoil patterns and adapting.

[i]Grenades take far too long to equip and release, require separate clicks in between[/i]

I don't have this issue as my nades are bound to clicking my scroll wheel; I click once for a flash, twice for a nade, and so on and so forth.

[i]Bad fps[/i]

With regards to fps the game certainly has had a mixed response amongst users. Hopefully once cvars get unlocked we can tinker with hdr.

[i]Deagle is pathetic and in-accurate[/i]

Since the patch just before the release it feels to me like the deagle behaves exactly like the Source deagle.

[i]P90[/i]

Against a full buy with kev the p90 is sort of effective, but still takes a massive hit. You rarely find high/top games using weapons like the p90 in buy rounds, (from my annecdotal experience at least).

[i]Strats are impossible as it doesn't feel like you're ever in a match[/i]

I initially felt the same way about the game for the first week or so, but the introduction of molotovs and decoys have made the game massive tactical. Flashes now have to be thrown carefully as they can only flash certain areas of a site and are in short supply. You cannot simply throw a flash off a skybox and take a site, things have changed. The introduction of tagging also makes the game much more strategic, you have to think through whether you're going to face a player and commit to a firefight.

I bum this game to infinity and beyond and in my opinion it is a massive upgrade from Source. The fact that so many top teams are moving over is testament to the fact that this game will be, or at least can be perceived to be, the home of competitive gaming for years to come. Why stay with a game where the best players have moved on and therefore you have nothing as such to prove?

Don't get me wrong, I love Source, but I think its community needs to let go and learn the mechanics of CS:GO before questions are raised about it's current state.

Still, silencers pls valve, srs. And the sound, don't get me started on the sound.

EDIT: Oh and let us password servers without bugging. Also maybe add STV. A retry command would be nice as well.

over 11 years ago

baddiieeee
thanks mate my imput is allways great

Redmovement
LoL Admin
over 11 years ago

csgo suxs ty.

over 11 years ago
 IV
Slugger
over 11 years ago

Redmovement
Nice WoW account.

Redmovement
LoL Admin
over 11 years ago

IV
ty bro problem?

over 11 years ago

onside
I agree.. Dislike but some how still a bit fun. Sounds like source to me :D

over 11 years ago

onside
I agree.. Dislike but some how still a bit fun. Sounds like source to me :D

over 11 years ago

Redmovement
+1 sux hard

IV
Slugger
over 11 years ago
over 11 years ago

+Registration is great (128 tick++)
+bullet sprays are now consistent unlike source all you have to do is ****ing learn the pattern it doesn't change.
+rifles much more like they should be all these people saying they're **** is because they haven't got a clue how to use them.

-Money is a joke needs work.
-Molotovs imba and just turn matchs into a pub bash.
-Sound needs work big time.

h L k
Ex-Semi-Amateur
over 11 years ago

I think the deag is good 1deags are easier yet its much harder to spam it, so for me it's balanced in the fact if you miss the shot, there's a penalty for it.

The spraying just needs relearning imo.
Awp is better in some ways (direct, noscoping) and nerfed in others (lens, cycle time, kick) so probably more balanced than in source.

I've found the game to already be quite tactical, so I don't know where people are coming from there, we've had to rework fakes and double fakes just to get on sites that are extremely locked down. Molotovs are the new rush-nerf maybe they could be a bit more expensive idk.

The things I hate are:
SOUND. **** the sound.
M4 is so weak. I gave 56 in 7 the other day to a standing enemy..
Grenade equip-throw time (I have a flash bound to F, and it still isn't quick enough from making a shot to throwing a flash against a rush.)
Maps - banana smaller? wtf. Nuke is just terrible. It's not even rebuilt it's half ported with bits taken out, what a shame.
Not a single new competitive De_Map, yet tonne for stupid game modes for casual creeps.
People say it's because they will be made by other people, but it's the smaller maps that the community are smashing maps out for, not De_ they are the least made since they take much longer!

grillzeE.
The Fringe
over 11 years ago

GO is good, i don't know why on earth you think the maps are like COD as they are are the classics maps with alterations - which i agree aren't for the better.
AK should be used for short burst fire anyway you don't run around spraying a full clip on source so theres no real need to on GO.
Strats are possible, its just some bomb sites when equipped with even half decent players are a nightmare to get into.

The thing that i think is the worst part of the game is the sound. I was playing AWPCUP yesterday and a guy on the right side of the map sounds like he's on the left its ridiculous totally puts you off and makes you uncertain as to where people are. It doesn't help when making wrong calls and your whole team rages you out because you got it blatently wrong.

#HASHTAG #Discuss #NewHeadset? #FixCSGOsound --> Trend

Regards,
Fringe *Best EU

mr.viruS
one of those
over 11 years ago

What I like about CS GOAT :
Its new...

What I dont like about CS GO.
Sound
Movement
1flash.
Molotovs
Skyboxes on maps. ( Some have none and dust 2 skyboxes are like :SSSSS)
Its hard to spray ( Need to tap moaaaar )
Default maps that valve gives u are dog...sheet. ( actually really dissapointed in default maps.)
T models and CT models kind of look the same :(
Money system.
OP weapons... p90s woooooooooooow nerf irelia or something please.

over 11 years ago

mr.viruS
The spray is exactly the same every time like 1.6 so you can learn to counter it and be boss at spraying unlike source where it is random as fook.

mr.viruS
one of those
over 11 years ago

Anto
I dunno i cant spray with ak YET.
Also shooting one bullet seems to be more effective and super accurate.

over 11 years ago

i agree
 Anto
and it also encourages people to single fire instead of spraying and praying which im guessin some people are used too.

onside
aka "Donkey"
over 11 years ago

molotovs are pointless in competitive matches, they really just pause the game temporarily and leagues are already discussing the removal of them in matches.

the maps are so full of crap it is no longer the counterstrike we know. 1.5/1.6 had walls, doors, boxes and that is purely it and these were the games that source was built on.

source looks nothing like an upgraded source, shares no resemblance to 1.5/1.6 and it looks like your playing cod on modded maps and needs to change if the game will ever become competitively appealing.

IV
Slugger
over 11 years ago

onside
[quote]needs to change if the game will ever become competitively appealing.[/quote]

Its already fairly appealing, ergo why so many tourneys have picked it up.

onside
aka "Donkey"
over 11 years ago

what else do you think they would do? leagues host a range of games and will always support later games but it will be a while until professional teams will move over, and a while before professional leagues and sponsors will want to start events [b]urgo[/b] it is not a game currently set to "take over" the scene but it probably will in the future but needs a lot of improvement.

actually i thought the same about css at the start but i warmed to it, moving from 1.5 to 1.6 was seemless. moving from 1.6 to css was horrid at first, but i dunno moving from css to csgo just feels like css to cod lol.

over 11 years ago

I want the 2 flashes back but keep molotovs tbh.
Recoil for the AK seems a bit extreme, or I'm just dog **** at spraying now.
Use P90s for whole game means you never need to eco and they are the best gun EVAR!
CTs in dust2 Bsite just blend in with everything. It's like shooting 5 ****ing chameleons..

over 11 years ago

ThundeR^
For AK as I have said if you just spray at a wall don't try and control it and remember the pattern, never changes, then counter act it.

over 11 years ago

The AK spray pattern has always followed that same pattern down up left to right thing. But I just find spraying with it pretty counterproductive. When someone is running at you with a P90 it's pretty much unstoppable! :(

over 11 years ago

http://www.hltv.org/news/9015-verygames-switch-to-csgo

if its good enough for these lads its good enough for me :)

over 11 years ago

ThundeR^
In source spray patterns were random just keep at it in GO you will get the hang of it and will be spraying people from pit to A site in no time :P